Home | Reviews | Grip | Sette

Sette Type-S Lock On Grip

2.4/5 (5 Reviews)

The Sette Lock-On Type S Grips featured an ergonomic design that helps to reduce hand & wrist pressure while increasing holding power those epic rides. The Sette Lock-On Grips are the solution to all of your grip woes. You will never need to worry about your grips twisting even in the worst of conditions. These grips can also be installed and removed an unlimited number of times in only a few seconds thanks to the special lock-on design.

Submitted by gotdurt

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Strengths:    They work very well; excellent grip with sweat-soaked gloves, stay locked on the bar, good diameter.

Weaknesses:    After 3 rides the inside (thumb side) was already worn smooth.

Bottom Line:
I would have given them 5 peppers because overall they work very well, and I only paid $9... but to say they don't last long is an understatement. They work so well that I'd recommend them for racing, as long as you don't mind buying a new pair for each race... I wouldn't pay the $30 MSRP though, or 1/2 of it.

Submitted by Twenty Times a Cross Country Rider from Long Island, NY

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2010

Strengths:    Locks come in various colors.

Weaknesses:    Grips wore out in UNDER 200 miles. These were the Type S 2.0

Bottom Line:
Rarely is a product worth 1 chili, but this is that rare occasion. I purchased the Type S grips from Price Point. I thought "they are grips, how bad could they be." Well, I found out. I need to replace them already and I have put somewhere between 150-200 miles on them. The stock grips had well over 300 and barely shown use (a drop ripped them causing the replacement). I like the idea of the different colored lock rings and bought these. I am incredibly disappointed. I am an experienced rider, they wore evenly from pinky to middle finger (I brake with my pointer and rarely is on the grip 9decrease any possibility of "death grip" Save your money and skip this product unless they are for a lightly used cruiser rig.

Favorite Trail:   Glacier Ridge

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Stock Grips, Specialized Ergo

Bike Setup:   Mostly stock

Submitted by Jesse a Weekend Warrior from Provo, Utah USA

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2009

Strengths:    Look nice, don't slip, cheap for lock on grips.

Weaknesses:    Rubber is wearing off quickly.

Bottom Line:
I have only had these for about 2 months and the checker pattern on the grips is wearing smooth. I expected better quality than this. 3 value chilis because of the good price, 2 overall chilis because of the sub-par rubber.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Bike Setup:   DB Response

Submitted by ThePinkBarron a Cross Country Rider from Bangor Maine USA

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2009

Strengths:    Price, a variety of bold colors, Comfort, Ease of install.

Weaknesses:    Slightly thin for my likings I have small hands and they still seemed a bit small for me. Plastic end cap rather than metal.

Bottom Line:
These grips replaced a set of OURY grips that had certainly served their full life. I picked them up for 10 bucks at pricepoint, had them thrown in with some other goodies I was ordering to avoid having to pay full shipping on a 10 dollar order. Received them and was a little skeptical at first, just coming off a set of OURY grips with their thick plush rubber, these seemed very thin to me. But I installed them, and might add they looked great on the bike. After riding a little with them I noticed that I had more feel for what the front wheel was doing compared to the OURY's It took a little while to adjust to the feel of them but after about 100 miles of singletrack riding with them, They have not moved, and they are pretty comfortable sides being too small for me and have maintained their good looks. For the price you cannot beat them.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   OURY lock on, ODI lock on

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo SL, Easton carbon monkey bar, Sette Type S grips the rest is kind of pointless to list.

Submitted by yellowjeep a Weekend Warrior from Kansas

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2009

Strengths:    Simple. The actual grips feel good and are very thin but that is subjective.

Weaknesses:    Don't lock on completely and the bolts strip pretty easily.

Bottom Line:
These grips feel good and look good especially for 10 bucks. It bothers me that they continue to slip even when tightened to the point where the two sides of the clamp are touching and the screws are striped. They slip about half a rotation every ride, so not really noticeable but still they are supposed to be "locked on".

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   First pair of lock ons.

Bike Setup:   FR HT Sette Shadow with Marz 55r WTB Dual Duty FR and Sram build.
The bars are Azonic strip bars.