Home | Reviews | Grip | Sette

Sette Ergo 2 Grip

The Sette Ergo 2 Grips have a wider platform which allow for full palm contact and reduce the stress placed on your Ulnar nerve.

Submitted by ts8169 a Cross Country Rider from Boston

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2009

Strengths:    Price, Ergonomic comfort

Weaknesses:    A little heavy, rubber quality is denser then I'm used to

Bottom Line:
This is my first pair of ergonomic grips. I've always used grips by Specialized which were the skinny and gummy type. Recently however, the smaller diameter grips have been blistering and cramping my hands so I decided to try the ergonomic style. So far I'm pleased by the design of these especially considering the price. They contour my palms very well. They are a little heavy and the rubber is firmer then I'm used to, but overall I'm finding these pretty comfortable. A little squirt of hairspray inside the grips prior to installation and they are locked on tight, not going anywhere.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Specialized grips

Bike Setup:   XC Hardtail racer

Submitted by matt smith a Cross Country Rider from fairfax, virginia

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2008

Strengths:    inexpensive, soft, fits hand

Weaknesses:    the grips move on the bar

Bottom Line:
These grips would be fine if they didn't move up and down on the bars. They are meant to fit and support your hand, but since they move, they don't really do what they are supposed to. Buy the eragon locking version of these if you want a grip like this. I didn't find them too good for aggressive riding, because they force you to grab the bar a certain way and this changes as the grips move. These style grips are meant for lolly gagging and taking it easy, not jumps, stunts, and aggressive xc riding. I guess I will switch to regular grips and deal with the numb fingers and sore wrists. I really wanted these to work.

Favorite Trail:   wakefield park