Home | Reviews | Grip | Sette

Sette Blade Lock-on Grip

Submitted by mtbman007 a Cross Country Rider from Wisconsin

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2011

Strengths:    Price was great

Weaknesses:    Cheaply made, they move even when clamped down tight

Bottom Line:
I added these to my order just to see if they would help at all with the minor hand numbness I have experienced. After only two rides I've decided they aren't helping. They definitely won't last the season, the clamps are totally cheap. You get what you pay for. I'll keep them on my bike for a little while, but will likely replace them soon. I'll change the positions a few degrees before giving up on them though, and will post if I change my mind. I think some of the higher priced models would be a better idea, like the ergons. Grips are an important point of contact with the bike and next time I won't skimp on quality just to save a few bucks. They're not the bottom of the barrel, and might be OK on a beater bike or second bike, but not your main ride. I've bought a few other sette brand products from price point, and have been satisfied for the most part until now.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   race face lock-ons, ODI, lizard skins, oury

Bike Setup:   2008 Heckler with neato parts

Submitted by darrinw2001 a Cross Country Rider from Valrico, FL

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2010

Strengths:    good quality for the price, Ergo shape helps with hand numbness

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I used these for a couple of rides waiting for my new Ergon GX1's to come in. They are not a bad grip for the price as they lock on well and seem to be made of quality materials. They are not as good as the Ergons, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Ergons, these will fit the bill. They are going on my son's bike when I am done with them.

Favorite Trail:   Ridgeline