Portland Design Works Speed Metal Grip

The Portland Design Works Speed MetalGrips are a nice break from the omnipresent, bland rubber grips populating thestreets. A unique, anodized groove treats the thumb and index finger to a directconnection for excellent control, while the vibration-dampening rubber portionfeatures a knurled surface for enhanced grip. The grips lock-on the bars toprevent slip, and there's eight colors available; Green, Gold, Chrome, Pink,Red, Blue, White, and Black to match any pony.

Submitted by sprocket47 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Strengths:    Function and bling

Weaknesses:    Cold without gloves

Bottom Line:
The design of these grips is outstanding. The groove fits my thumb nicely and the index finger is always on the brake lever. The rest of the grip is a nice balance of grip and minimal squish. I really like these grips and they look great too! The only down side is that hoping on the bike in the dark morning without gloves, the metal makes for a cold ride.

Purchased At:   Jensen USA

Similar Products Used:   Yeti grips

Submitted by THEDIRT40 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight, great feel, nice grip, quality

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I bought these PDW grips at my lbs as a impulse buy while picking up my bike from service. I originally only bought them due to being on sale for 1/2 the normal cost and figured I would install them on my old beater bike. I went ahead and put them on the new ride instead and I'm glad I did. My hands stopped getting fatigued during or after each ride, unlike the soft grips I have used previously. The grips size fit my hands great and allow for 1 finger breaking with ease. I'm very pleased with the outcome and they will stay on the bike for the long haul. I am also buying another set for my old bike as well. These things rock!!

Favorite Trail:   City Park ATX