Home | Reviews | Grip | Oury

Oury Lock-on Grip

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Oury grips have a long history of use in ATVs, bmx, motocross, and watersports. The design is as practical as timeless. Large blocks offer excellent padding and control, while the Lock-On feature ensures throttle grip is something reserved for moto sports.

Submitted by Attacking Mid

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2014

Strengths:    SIZE!
Locking - never had one move.

Weaknesses:    Cost
End caps fall out easily

Bottom Line:
My boys and I have these on all our bikes - never found anything more suitable for big (not huge) hands. My youngest can wear some size L gloves, but the rest of us can usually wear most gloves in XL, so we don't have exceedingly large hands... just MAN-sized ;-)

As others have mentioned, the end caps can fall out. We try to be diligent about keeping them seated and tight. That said, it brings me to the best part about Oury grips.... the folks at Oury USA! You can buy new end caps, screws, whatever at reasonable prices with FREE SHIPPING, and they are as friendly and helpful as can be. Somehow, that makes me like buying/using Oury grips even more!

AM.

Submitted by ed jack a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2013

Strengths:    soft beafy but not so much that you cant feel.

Weaknesses:    yes end caps can take a beating in a crash but older hands need softer.

Bottom Line:
I had switched to ergon grips because of acute pain at base of middle finger on palm side. yes ergon grips stopped pain but not the bad habit causing most of it. so I took a 3 day betteride mountain bike camp and learning to ride solved most of my problem but my coach suggested oury grips because I still wanted softer. at almost 50 I wear gloves at work to limit impact bruising. so the softer grip with the correct glove and riding like my coach taught me.

Favorite Trail:   the one I am on! ski lift please!

Duration Product Used:   one season

Purchased At:   online

Bike Setup:   trek remedy 7 morphed towards freeride(answer 780 dh bars, hope 50 mm 25 deg rise stem, oury grips, race face bash instead of 3rd ring, black spire stinger chain mng roller,deity comound flat pedals,maxxis high roller Dh tires. KS lev dropper seat post. 2nd bike 2014 Giant Glory 2 DH with deity skyscraper flat pedals and you guessed it OURY grips!

Submitted by CuzinMike a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2013

Strengths:    One of the most comfortable "non Ergon-style" grips for people with big hands. Fat diameter, cheap and they last a long time.

Weaknesses:    Handlebar end caps are junk and usually fall off after just a few rides. Lock-on version is not as cushy as the glue-on version.

Bottom Line:
No matter what else I start with I always end up putting on a set of Ourys. I have huge hands, and the big diameter of these does help with cramping and fatigue vs smaller grips. The endcaps are so bad they just shouldn't include them; I don't even install them any more.

Submitted by Brian a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable
Phat...which is comfortable to me...

Weaknesses:    Handlebar end cap comes off in minor crashes

Bottom Line:
Great grips! They wear well (durable) and they are very comfortable. The lock on design helps ensure they install quickly and securely. I've installed them on my all mountain bike and my daily commuter. Love these grips!

Duration Product Used:   3 years