Home | Reviews | Grip | Oury

Oury Grips Grip

4.61/5 (398 Reviews)

Sometimes the things we appreciate most, remind us of our youth. This is true of Oury Mountain Grips. They have a long history of use for Motocross and BMX. If you grew up torn between mashing pedals or twisting a throttle grip, then having them on your mountain bike is akin to warping back in time to the days of old when you had fewer worries and nothing to do but have two-wheeled fun all day long.Oury Mountain Grips have a blocked design that's as comfy as it gets in a round grip. Known for being durable, we think the basic design adds to their ability to last for years. The wide range of color choices is great for those who like to add some flair to their rides. Just try to remember to get home in time for dinner.

Submitted by Futurehelmet a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2013

Strengths:    Soft and grippy - look rad... totally eliminate vibration from trails. No more wrist pain... seriously... I used to get a carpal tunnel syndrome type thing on long bumpy descents, but the oury grips have helped a lot.

Freakin awesome. No experience with losing grip in the wet, but I wear gloves... gloves are good...

Weaknesses:    If any - the ends have torn after a few drops and they get a bit ratty looking occasionally (but clean very easily, after riding in the rain, they look new)

Bottom Line:
I love the fatness, the way they make me feel like I'm riding my old BMX in the late 80's and the affordability. I would happily spend the 15 bucks to replace them... but in five years I haven't had to.

A tip for installing, spray a bit of hairspray inside the grip and slide them on... in a day or so they will be stuck good.

Submitted by Brian

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2013

Strengths:    Inexpensive
Phat
Comfortable
Durable

Weaknesses:    I've had a difficult time installing these at times...specifically getting them to "stick" to the handlebar (even with AquaNet). I've also used the Lock On variety for that reason.

Bottom Line:
Great grips. Very comfy!

Submitted by LandSpeed a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2012

Strengths:    Large size

Weaknesses:    1. The bar end ring interferes with gripping the entire bar.
2. When these get wet from sweat or rain, they LOSE complete gripping ability, and get SLICK. Your hand WILL come off in dangerous sections of trail. It's irresponsible of the company to use a rubber compound that's cheap that is prone to doing this.
3. They will occasionally get water locked inside of the grip, and start to spin on the bars.

Bottom Line:
It's a cheap grip that fails disasterously when the conditions are wet, or you're hands are sweating. It's downright dangerous. I would avoid these grips at all costs unless you like your hands coming off of the bars when you're in rock gardens. Avoid.

Submitted by OxBow Facility a Cross Country Rider from SLC, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2012

Strengths:    Grip. Appearance (at first). Inexpensive.

Weaknesses:    Appearance (after a few months). Not a lock-on grip.

Bottom Line:
Got the red ones for my commuter bike that I was decking out all in a black and red color scheme. They looked awesome at first but after a couple of months got gunky, sticky, and gross looking. The rubber of the grips was rubbing off and leaving black gunk like a pencil eraser. But they were still super grippy so I used them about a year before I go sick of how gross they looked (and felt on bare hands). I use lock-on grips only now because I got sick of what a pain in the butt it is to install/remove traditional grips.

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   priecepoint

Similar Products Used:   Lock- on grips.

Bike Setup:   Custom built commuter.

Submitted by Donziz20 a Cross Country Rider from Neenah Wi US

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2012

Strengths:    I bought Oury Road grips for my Bmw k1200GT with heated bars. These grips worked great!!
Great cust service from Oury!!!

Bottom Line:
I would reccomend these grips on any motorcycle. No vibration at all.

Favorite Trail:   Any county Road

Purchased At:   Schwags

Submitted by Crusty1207 a All Mountain Rider from Georgia

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2012

Strengths:    Awesome grip, tackiness, last forever.

Weaknesses:    Nothing really!

Bottom Line:
These grips are the best grips I have ever used. They have outlasted every other pair I've had by several years. I have them on all three of my bikes. I bought my first pair 6 years ago and my newest pair about 3 years ago and they both still look brand new. They are thick and soft and absorb shocks and bumps while providing excellent grip. I've never had a problem with them being wet, with or without gloves. I won't ever use another set.

Favorite Trail:   Harbins

Purchased At:   LBS, Pricepoint, eBa

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Specialized, Bontrager

Bike Setup:   GF Fat Possum, GF Marlin, Specialized Big Hit

Submitted by bloodyroots a All Mountain Rider from Spring, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2012

Strengths:    These grips are great, a friend of mine with the initials SK talks down on them because they are not his crappy foam grips which he has replaced like 50 times. He recently got these grips and apologized to me for being a retard.

Weaknesses:    nothing

Bottom Line:
These grips are the best ever made.

Favorite Trail:   NorthShore

Purchased At:   ebay!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Hutch3637 a Cross Country Rider from NY

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Strengths:    Big and comfy with excellent grip.

Weaknesses:    Not recommended for people with small hands.

Bottom Line:
This is for the lock ons. Get them if you want a big comfy grip.

Submitted by fire02red a Racer from Kansas City, MO, USA

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable, Comfortable, Comfortable. The perfect grip.

Weaknesses:    I dont understand the question?

Bottom Line:
(review for the lock on style oury) Perfect Grip. I wont use anything but these ever again. They do wear a little fast but its only because they are soft but thats hardly a problem for as cheap as they are.

Favorite Trail:   Swope Park

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   crappy specialized grips that came on bike

Bike Setup:   rockhopper 29er single speed

Submitted by clashb02 a Racer from Birmingham, AL

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2011

Strengths:    Awesome when they're dry (4.5 out of 5 if rating them dry). Tacky, and soft enough to make them super comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Terrible when wet (1 out of 5). Technical downhill sections become way scarier. Also, first time these hit a rock or tree too hard, the ends will tear.

Bottom Line:
Great grips for dry winter rides, but terrible in rain or super, hot and humid conditions when sweat becomes an issue.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   many

Submitted by kzeiszler a Cross Country Rider from Bismarck, ND

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2011

Strengths:    tacky, durable, great colors

Weaknesses:    could be wider, and installation can be annoying

Bottom Line:
Great grips but if you have wide hands might be a probable,but if you have long finger they are great. Installation isnt bad if you use some dish soap might rotate on you the first 1-2 days but after that they stay put if not take them off and wipe off your bar. Great grips, get them!

Purchased At:   friend