Odi Grips Intense Lock-On Downhill Grip

Weight : 115 grams MSRP : $19.49

Lock-On grips are becoming increasingly evident on mountain bike courses andTrails aroundThe world, as more and more riders comeTo realizeThe benefits of ODIs revolutionary system.Along with complete non-slip performance, cyclists appreciateThat, forThe firstTime,They can easily change stylesTo meet varyingTerrain, race or weather conditions.They also enjoyThe economics of not havingTo cut off and destroy a perfectly good pair of grips anytimeThey wantTo change shifters or brakes. Manufacturer:

Submitted by nasty610 a Weekend Warrior from Goldsboro, NC USA

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2011

Strengths:    Grip, don't move, makes changing brakes shifters bars easy

Weaknesses:    Striped 2 of the screw in the locking clamps. Probably my own fault. Really slippery when wet if not wearing gloves.

Bottom Line:
Not sure why these are wearing so fast for the other guys. I'm still using the same set I purshed back in 04. They've been on 3 seperate bikes and the only problem I've had to date is the screws stipping. Not the threads but the allen key interface. I run these on my all mountain, dirt jump and my dh bikes in mud, rain and even a little snow. I can honestly say that I hate them without gloves though. They feel a little small and once your hands start to sweat they are fairly slippery. I'm giving them 5 chilis because I've never had to replace them and I just don't ride without gloves so I don't have the problem with them being slick.

Favorite Trail:   N/A

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Just the normal slide and hope they stay type grips

Bike Setup:   Jamis XLT 1.0 lx group fox 36 RC2

Submitted by rmillet a Weekend Warrior from Lake Charles, LA

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Strengths:    Strong clamping system, soft sticky rubber.

Weaknesses:    Might wear quicker than others (based on rubber durometer).

Bottom Line:
The soft, sticky, GRIPPY rubber is great (IMO), but the soft/sticky durometer will sacrifice life of the grip (mine lasted over a year)....so if you know this at time of purchase you shouldn't end up disappointed.

These break in fast, and STICK to gloves. I am going back to these (on sale cheap at Jenson right now), after the cruddy T.H.E. grips I bought are coming apart (see my review).

I like ODI products on my MTB and my BMX cruiser, I am going to stick to these (or the Rogue/Ruffians), I liked the open square design on the fingertip side of these Intense grips though.

Favorite Trail:   Lincoln Parish Park

Purchased At:   Action Bikes

Similar Products Used:   ODI Rogues, Odyssey, T.H.E.

Bike Setup:   DB XTS-3, SingleTrack rims, WTB MR 2.4", Avid Discs

Submitted by kiwijames a Racer from Lafayette, CA

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2008

Strengths:    ODI locks is a good design. Great when replacing cockpit componentry. No need to cut your grips off

Weaknesses:    Wear really fast. Grip small in diameter for larger hands.

Bottom Line:
I have used Liz Skin Northshores for a few years, same gripes with little to no wear. These ODI intenses, I have used for basically 1 month and the grip wear is astounding thus far. Slightly smaller in diamter than the Northshores, thus the forearm muscles get a little more tension.
Whether you get ODI or other lock ons, you'll like the fact that you don't have to deal with cutting off the grips when you upgrade pr change out some handlebars or components

Favorite Trail:   Anything in Joaquin Miller Park

Purchased At:   Hank & Frank

Similar Products Used:   Lizard Skins North Shores and are compatible with ODI locks.

Bike Setup:   Spark 20, XT, FL100RL, X455, DT Swiss Nude rear, Joplin, Look Quartz

Submitted by Dustin Robertson a Downhiller from VanAnda,BC,Canada

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2006

Strengths:    Good grip when new.motostyle pattern

Weaknesses:    Wears fast,slipery when wet lock ons start to wear fast

Bottom Line:
These grips are pretty good if you are looking to buy new grips every couple of months lol.Better for ppl that are looking for a nice soft grips. not a bad buy actually

Purchased At:   Suncoast Cycles