Odi Grips Cross Trainer Lock-On Grip

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

ODI CrossTrainer Lock-On bonus pack has an excellent blend of grip, comfort and stability. Includes Lock-On grips, clamps, and new snap cap end plugs

Submitted by Helmetless a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2012

Strengths:    Very reliable, light, beautiful, appart from amazing grip, nice cap ends which don't wear easily as the others!

Weaknesses:    None so far, after 6 months

Bottom Line:
Buy these, you won't regret unless your hands are somewhat too wet

Submitted by RoyalFlush29er

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2012

Strengths:    Super soft, Locked in place, Somewhat durable

Weaknesses:    Shallow grooves

Bottom Line:
I would suggest this product to someone who doesn't ride for long amounts of time. Like all odi grips, the rubber is extremely soft. But the grooves are very shallow. If they made these grips a 16th of an inch thicker they'd be 10x better.

Submitted by Pedaldown a Cross Country Rider from Las Vegas, NV, USA

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2012

Strengths:    They don't slip at all! I was meeting some buddies for an am ride and my grips were slipping all over the place so I need a set of locking grips for the ride. Grip was comfortable and sticky. Weather was colder so no sweat (not sure how they hold up when the sweat is on).

Weaknesses:    My hands were kind of sore after riding. There is not a whole lot of cushion with these. Now that I have the lock rings, I will probably get the ODI Rogues. The cross trainer was all the LBS had so I got them to ride with my buddies.

Bottom Line:
These would probably work well for someone who rides smooth trails. It was really bumpy and rocky where I ride and my hands were sore with these.

Favorite Trail:   Cottonwood Canyon-Blue Diamond, NV

Purchased At:   McGhie's Blue Diamon

Submitted by Heckler1 a Weekend Warrior from Green Mountains 'O VT

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2011

Strengths:    Super Tacky, good feel

Weaknesses:    Durability, holds sweat and water

Bottom Line:
I noticed there were no reviews on this grip, so thought I'd chime in.

A pretty good grip overall, as are most of the ODI lock-on products I've tried. Super sticky, as in you have to pull your hands off when the weather's hot and humid. Also comfortable with the unique grooves in the grip pattern, feels like your hands sort of float on the grip. My problem is that I sweat a lot and the grooves tend to hold water and get a little slick. Not something you want on this area of the bike. I have had my fair share of crashes, too, and the ribbed grooves have torn off some at impact. In saying that, I do feel they have held up well overall during the past year.

I used these grips because they came with my bike, and they have been OK, but I probably wouldn't strongly recommend.

Favorite Trail:   The Preacher