Big Cheese Grips Grip

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

• Exclusive hard-n-soft™ design puts two different rubber compounds next to your hands at once for the ultimate in comfort and control. The stars are hard, the rest is soft. No one else has it!
  • Low profile flanges & long 140mm length
  • Colors: Green/Orange, Black/Red, Red/White, Blue/White, Black/Yellow

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Ricky deLeyos a Cross Country Rider from College Park, MD

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2004

Strengths:    Cool looking, soft sections between stars, long, good diameter, never slipped on the bars

Weaknesses:    Hard stars

Bottom Line:
    I'll state it up front: I'm an Oury man. However, I'm willing to try new and different things.

I got these for my rigid singlespeed because I did a parking lot ride on a friend's bike that was equipped with them. Felt good there. However, as all of us know by now, parking lot test rides don't mean diddly-squat.

What was comfortable in the parking lot was pure torture on really rocky trails. I did a 20-miler on a really rocky trail, and I had major blisters after the ride. (I use Pearl Izumi's thick long-finger Gel Lite gloves.) The stars just dug into my hand.

I've never had the same experience with the Ourys, which have the same durometer rubber throughout the grip.

These grips were relegated to commuter bike duty, where I don't have to deal with rough terrain.

However, I still love the way these things look. ;)

Favorite Trail:   Gambrill

Purchased At:   Webcyclery

Similar Products Used:   Oury, and a bunch of others

Bike Setup:   Matt Chester Utilitiman w/ ourys

Submitted by Alex a Cross Country Rider from Pasadena, CA

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2004

Strengths:    grip really well, last a long time, just the right diameter, girls dig the stars.

Weaknesses:    none at all

Bottom Line:
    solid grips. i run them on my BMX and mountain rigs and have equally good performance. only thing is that i need to cut off the flange for use with my mtb so as not to interfere with the shifters. great for people with medium-big hands.

Favorite Trail:   lower wintercreek loop

Purchased At:   Helens Cycles

Similar Products Used:   yeti, bontrager

Bike Setup:   XT/XTR Klein hardtail

Submitted by roar from whateva,illinois,usa

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2003

Strengths:    very sexy chicks dig em

Weaknesses:    after a couple years the stuff around the stars wears off and they get rilly sticky

Bottom Line:
    these grips are sweeeeeeeet!!!

Bike Setup:   gt fueler super jerry rigged

Submitted by Steve a Racer from Riverside Ca USA

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2002

Strengths:    Tough and don't rip easly, i usally tear the crap out of grips and theses held up to my punishment.

Weaknesses:    Hurts the callusus

Bottom Line:
    A kick ass grip

Favorite Trail:   bmxpovertyrider@aol.com