RockShox Reverb Dropper Seatpost

2.71/5 (99 Reviews)

When you're ripping through rolling terrain, cranking the pedals one minute and getting off the back of the bike the next, no seat height is "just right".

RockShox Reverb Seatpost Adjustable Pro Review

This infinitely adjustable seatpost is stupendous, with a silky-smooth stroke, and because of its unique hydraulically controlled remote handlebar lever, it has an easy to operate action, and simple installation. I abused the seatpost for four months, on every imaginable terrain possible, and it has been through rain and snow storms, had sand and dirt tossed at it, and has preformed flawlessly, which is helped fabulously by the custom sealing system. Continue reading →

Submitted by Jan a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Strengths:    - adjusts to any position

Weaknesses:    - barb hose fitting broke when putting the bikes on the trailer. This fitting ( it sits in the remove and connects the hydraulic hose to the remote ) is very flimsy and only held by a 1.5 mm fitting which is the weak point. once it breaks, you're stuck with a non-working seatpost. It WILL BREAK.

Bottom Line:
Nice dropper, unfortunately due to the design flaws, it's not worth the money. IMHO the Fox, Thompson and KS droppers have a better design. Also remember that the additional hydraulic hose requires bleeding, so you're down for some more maintenance than with a standard, wired post.

Similar Products Used:   Thompson seatpost, KS LEV, Fox

Bike Setup:   Enduro bike

Submitted by Ajax a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Strengths:    Brand name.

Weaknesses:    Unreliable.

Bottom Line:
After reading so many negative and so few positive reviews, I've decided not to pay a lot of money to be a beta tester. It's outrageous, how it is even possible to pay so much for a stick with a button and it to fail.

Submitted by Dani a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2017

Strengths:    Not too many right now. Great when I first bought it 4 years ago!!

Weaknesses:    Does not move in temperatures less than 35 degrees at first and now not even responding at all!!!

Bottom Line:
Would not recommend purchasing this post. After 3 years of owning the post, one time of servicing, I am looking into another seat post. With the cost of servicing and not having a loaner to ride during service time, it is not worth it!

Submitted by Blaze Diaz a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2016

Strengths:    It's the best thing to add to an XC bike- when it works.

Weaknesses:    I gets stuck in the down position during cold weather.

Bottom Line:
Let me begin with saying that this product is one of the best add on's I've put in my All Mountain bike. (When it works) The problem is that I've already had it replaced once & serviced 3 times on the new one. It's been bled a few times and still gives me issues. Mainly in the cold weather.

Favorite Trail:   Lincoln Woods

Duration Product Used:   The replacement for a year.

Purchased At:   Local shop

Bike Setup:   2x10 Felt Compulsión LT50 All Mountain 150/160mm, eThirteen the hive wheels, MRP 2x chain guide, Spank Spike 777 bars, Rock Shox Reverb dropper post, TLD grips

Submitted by Uly a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2016

Strengths:    Fast Action

Weaknesses:    Unreliable

Bottom Line:
A2 version, internal. Came OEM on bike. 5 months in and about 120 hours it blew up. RockShox makes you take it to a certified service shop first for a service before they will warranty it. Wouldn't work with A2 rebuild so shop rebuilt with B1 internals. 2nd ride on it and it blew up again.

Submitted by SlickTyre a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2016

Strengths:    I don't know

Weaknesses:    Durability, installation and Lever

Bottom Line:
It worked only 2 months without going to warranty, installation was bad and the lever interface very poor

Submitted by winsail a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Strengths:    It goes up and down when I push the button

Weaknesses:    Hard to work on

Bottom Line:
Ok my buddy gave me his non-working reverb because he felt sorry for me. I had another brand dropper post that was really
unreliable. I spent about a month on and off tinkering with it. He said it used to work good? I rebuilt the lower part of the post. I replaced the remote hydro button (twice). I replaced the remote hose and barb. I bled it 4 times. I finally found the right combo and it has worked flawlessly for 6 months now. I understand how it works and feel confident it will work for a long time. If it doesn't I'm confident I can fix it and I really have nothing to lose. It was free except the new hose, barb and 2 re-build kits.

Favorite Trail:   Mailboxes and West Ridge

Purchased At:   Friends garage

Similar Products Used:   I have had three previous dropper posts some good some bad

Bike Setup:   Intense Carbine 275 custom build 1 x 11 XT etc. reclaimed reverb

Submitted by mitch a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Strengths:    Pretty good product when it works

Weaknesses:    Totally unreliable and poor customer support

Bottom Line:
I have had this post for 2.5 years and it has failed about six times
If you call RockShox(SRAM) customer service they just tell you that you have to take it to a shop. Shop send it back to SRAM and charges $150 for a rebuild. I figure that I have spent upwards of $600 in repairs on this post
SRAM recommends a service every 60 hours - so if you ride very ofter every couple of months - or less
No help with any upgrade or service
I will never buy a SRAM product again ( this one came on my Santa Cruz Bronson)
If you buy a bike that specs a Reverb - good luck
Don't say you have not been warned - this post sucks

This is my first negative review of any product - and I've been riding for a long time

Favorite Trail:   UC

Duration Product Used:   2.5

Bike Setup:   Bronson

Submitted by Dylan a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2016

Strengths:    Looks good.

Weaknesses:    Fails after less than 25 uses. RockShox does not honor warranty.

Bottom Line:
This was my first dropper post - it came on a Santa Cruz Bronson (that I love). The post worked fine for the first 10 rides or so, then began sinking when in the fully extended position. The sinking became more pronounced after every ride until it became unrideable, even compensating by raising the seat. The seals were blown, it wouldn't hold air.
When brought in for warranty, the rep said "The 2 year warranty covers manufactures defects, so if something was broken inside shaft shims ect and does not cover regular service, similar to oil changes in your car vs. you 100,000 km engine warranty."

So I guess the product not working at all is considered normal by Rock Shox. For only $120 they will repair it though.

If you're looking to spend $5/ride on dropper post service cost (plus initial purchase price), then this is the one for you.

Submitted by Earthly2 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2016

Strengths:    Good when it works

Weaknesses:    Weak design prone to failure

Bottom Line:
My system broke down last year midride and I had to Mcguyver it the rest of the ride. Brought it back to my LBS and they repaired it but told me it's a common problem with this system. Now a year later it's failed a second time but luckily it didn't happen mid ride. I'm 160 lbs and not real hard on it so the fact that it's failed a second time in a year I'm off the replace it with a regular seatpost that won't fail at the worst time.
When it works it's an asset but when it fails it can be a tough ride out.

Bike Setup:   Niner RDO

Submitted by Joseph Maillard a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2016

Strengths:    The concept is really awesome. I wouldn't go without anymore. Bought it with my brand new CUBE Stereo HPC 140 (the bike is da BOMB).

Weaknesses:    unreliable engineering. My bike shop said that they don't even sale is anymore. He suggestion the KS Lev or the Specialized command. (I don't like anything specialized, they're too big)

Bottom Line:
Reverb died within10 months of ownership. I ride once a week on average

Favorite Trail:   Bug Springs Trail, Mount Lemmon

Bike Setup:   CUBE Stereo HPC 140 TM

Submitted by SPEE a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2016

Strengths:    New Technology is cool

Weaknesses:    New Technology doesn't always work

Bottom Line:
After my third ride the post wouldn't go back up, I was out on the trail, took the post out and reloaded it with air but it didn't work.

Submitted by David a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2015

Strengths:    Endlessly adjustable, smooth actuation, no issues with post in 2+ years

Weaknesses:    None that I've had. I ride a ton, am heavy at 215 lbs with gear and ride aggressively through technical terrain so the post takes a beating. Haven't had any issues though I clean the shaft prior to each ride and after driving home to make sure the seals aren't being bombarded with bug goo, dirk and road grime from traveling

Bottom Line:
Have had the post for 2 years and haven't had any trouble with the 5" model. Want to upgrade to 6" that KS Lev offers though it sounds like that post has a lot of issues. Decided to see what people were saying about the Reverb in comparison and was surprised to see all the problems. Thought I'd post my experience to add my good experience to the mix. I ride here in Oregon, Washington, Canada and ride x2-x3 a week. Have a Reverb on my downhill bike also and it hasn't had any problems either.

Favorite Trail:   Anything steep and technical

Duration Product Used:   2+ years

Purchased At:   Life Cycle Bike Shop

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz LTC and Santa Cruz Nomad.

Submitted by ndinh a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2015

Strengths:    when it was working which was a few times, it was awesome

Weaknesses:    it died after less than a year

Bottom Line:
I've used this less than 10 times in about 6 months, mostly AM/XC riding, nothing extreme or hard. One day after not having touched my bike for about a month, I pressed the lever and nothing happened. The seatpost stayed in the down position. I tried pressing it again and again and nothing happened. I then pressed it and pulled the saddle softly to help it go up and that's when the post just died. Now it goes up slowly and can be pushed all the way down without touching the lever. Basically, useless. I've never experienced such a bad product and I've been biking for decades. Funny because my cranks bros Joplin is still working after over 5 years, service free.