RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost

2.25/5 (4 Reviews)

When you're ripping through rolling terrain, cranking the pedals one minute and getting off the back of the bike the next, no seat height is "just right." The all-new Reverb gives you infinite seat-height adjustment and control of your return speed in a hydraulically actuated remote package. A custom sealing system means the plush and consistent feel of this seat post won't degrade, no matter how much the weather does.

Submitted by BluePitch a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2015

Strengths:    When it worked it was very easy to use and operated smoothly. I like how easy it was to push the button in and the adjustable speed dial for return was nice. I liked it to pop back quickly so you could hear the pop when it reached its full extended position. You knew by sound you were ready to go.

Weaknesses:    I bought this post new,had It for less than 2 months and it developed a clicking noise. On the fifth month it started leaking fluid and sagging. I bought the full rebuild kit, tools and oil to rebuild and it continues to give me problems.

Bottom Line:
Google reverb clicking and reverb leaky o rings. Avoid this post until they get these flaws worked out. Very expensive post from a company that you expect more from.

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   First dropper post

Bike Setup:   Transition Scout 2

Submitted by BobL a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2015

Strengths:    Smooth action, good looks, infinite positions.

Weaknesses:    Unreliable, prone to failure. Hydraulic hose connection at remote is fragile and not field repairable. Limited to 125mm drop on 30.9 diameter

Bottom Line:
This post came stock on my wife's and my Bronson's. Both posts failed within one year of purchase and within a week of each other. RS replaced both under warranty but it took 2 months. Now, both new posts are beginning to "suspension" (drop with out being actuated) again and wobble in less than a year's use.
We're taking a riding trip to Scotland in 3 weeks so getting them replaced under warranty before we leave may be out of the equation so we'll be packing solid posts.
Also, I've broken the threaded hose connector at the remote twice. While it was due to my crashing, it could stand to be made more robust.
Bottom line here is I would not recommend this post to anyone as an aftermarket option. I've had two friends experience the same issues, and after talking to several shops including where I bought my bike, it appears the failure rate is around 20-25%.
I have a KS i950 on an older Blur LT and it's still working well after 5 years of use. Considering both original posts failed within one week of each other and were aboout 10 serial numbers apart tells me it's a QC issue. New posts are a few more numbers apart but again, both failing within a short time frame of each other. While I ride considerably harder than my wife, both posts failing again smacks of QC problems.
And from the video I've seen, it's no simple task to repair these yourself. Special tools and a knack for mechanics are required. Looks easier to fix a leaky fork...

Favorite Trail:   Lion Country

Duration Product Used:   >2 years

Purchased At:   Came with bike

Similar Products Used:   KS i950

Bike Setup:   Bronson C AMXTR

Submitted by JTmofo a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2015

Strengths:    Smooth hydraulic actuation when it works. Internal routing is tidy. Looks great with the black finish.

Weaknesses:    Connectamjig is too big for my frame routing holes (Yeti SB6). Actuation lever is the most un-ergonomic lever i have ever seen. Blows seals out more often than not. Unreliable and finiky.

Bottom Line:
I've had this post for 3 months. In that time, the post has been smooth and precise....when its not broken.

Twice in 2 months it has stopped working.

First time, I noticed small deposits of oil around the frame hole and on the hose coming from the frame. After about 2 weeks, the posts started to sink. Removed it to find it had lost a good amount of oil from the internal seal.
Second time, I let the post down to its minimum position, and BOOM..... it was never to return. Oil explosion...

I'm yet to drop it back to the shop for repair.... but safe to say... I dont want it back.

If you're thinking of buying one.... dont. Just buy a KS or Thomson instead.

Similar Products Used:   KS Lev, Thomson Elite, KS Dropzone.

Bike Setup:   Yeti SB6C All mountain rig, 160mm Pikes and SRAM 1 x 11.

Submitted by Alvin a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2013

Strengths:    Pops up back to full length once pressed... most of the time during trail ride
Easy to press down
Doesn't have any sticky issues throughout its 125mm travel so far...

Weaknesses:    Side-to-side wobble if twisting the saddle by hand on its full extended length
I noticed 2-3x it didn't go pop up w/ a thud once released for full extension during my ride

Bottom Line:
It's my first ride w/ the reverb stealth. I had to go for the 30.9mm diameter w/ 125mm infinite travel.
The trail was the usual blue zone route I'd take every weekend w/ my Haro shift. The trail is for intermediate riders, purely singletrack, w/ occassional steepclimbs of about 30-40deg ascents of about 10mins granny pace pedaling.

As for the seatpost, I had to drill a hole in the lower part of my seat tube, an inch above the bottombracket. Then I had to route the cable right above the downtube, along w/ the other cables which go all the way to my bar.
Release switch is matchmaker compatible but since I have an LX shifter & a BB7 brake, I had to place the release lever right next to my left grip.
The switch was kinda protruding in my bar, not like my previous post, w/c was the KS i950r, whose switch was incorporated in my ODI grip. For my RS switch, my thumb had to stretch out a bit just to press the switch, w/c during a stoked moment in my ride, kinda got distracted.
What I love about its design is its fixed internal cable routing, which for any rider, makes a lot of sense. My previous post had its cable rubbing on my knees during rides w/c distracted me quite a bit.

For its performance during my first ride w/ it, I really loved the way my saddle disappeared during descents which made me attack the trail a bit more aggressive. It goes down smoothly & stays there.
I did notice that 2-3x during my ride that the seat post didn't extend all the way up w/ a thud when I wanted it too. So I had to depress the saddle again & released it to pop it back up, which fortunately for me it did.
No worries so far for this seat post.... For now.

However, my bike did get a bit heavier by half a pound or so. But I guess all adjustable seat post does that to all bikes. So instead of complaining about it, I guess it's more gym time for me though

Shall I recommend this to a friend? Hell yeah I would, only if its okay to drill a hole in his bike for the internal routing.

Favorite Trail:   Timberland