KindShock Supernatural Remote Dropper Seatpost

2.7/5 (10 Reviews)

The I-950r was awardedThe Eurobike award in 2008 amd 2010, and placed first inTheTBEA product innovation award 2008 and 2010. 7050 alloy body Cold forged head 385mm post length 125mmTravel with lever-mounted remote Approx. 512 grams (no remote)

Submitted by Jack McCafferty

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2014

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Sticks at top and at the bottom. I have to bounce down hard to hopefully get to release. No help from the service department. Would never buy another KS.

Bottom Line:
Seat post is a waste of your money. A very bad product. All thumb down.

Submitted by Erik

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2014

Strengths:    One year now on this post with absolutely no problems and I'm a 200 lb rider. No seat wobble and still as buttery smooth as it was new. Easy set up and adjustment.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Love this post it has completely uped my downs and control all over the mountain.

Submitted by AZ_AlanS

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2013

Strengths:    None. This is by far the worst bike related purchase I have ever made. New out of the box the post was sticky at the topped out position. KS rep assured me it would break in and smooth out. If not he advised the I could take it apart and lightly sand the inside of the bushing. After a couple months I returned it to KS. They shipped it back to the LBS without any repairs stating it was working fine. Still sticking in the top position. Bottom line is I sent this back to KS 3 time and it still sticks. I gave it back to the LBS without a refund. I will never buy another KS product.

Weaknesses:    Difficult to adjust the seat angle, the seat clamp is horrible. Post sticks in the topped out position, must raise your ass off the seat and slam down to get released. Returned to KS 3 times for warranty and still did not work properly. This product does not deserve 1 flaming chili but that is the lowest option.

Bottom Line:
Worst bike related purchase I have ever made and worst customer service that I have received.

Similar Products Used:   Crank Brothers Joplin , Specialized Command Post

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29

Submitted by firevsh2o a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2013

Strengths:    very reliable, very good remote lever, 6" of travel, easy to understand mechanical actuation

Weaknesses:    not the lightest (but the competition is not light either), fiddly screw that fixes the cable to the posts head,

Bottom Line:
I bought the post about over a year ago for my surrounding trails. On my normal trail rounds I have many little climbs and descends so a dropper post is really ideal for me. I am 190cm (6'3") tall and weight about 190lbs and I have ridden Megavalanche this year. Normally I ride three times a week and even in winter I ride once a week. So my post got really tested. And what can I say? It passed my test with ease!

Compared to the Gravity Dropper I had before the action is smother and the 6" drop is the real advantage for me.

I had only minor problems with it: Once the mini-screw that holds the cable got loose and I had now allen key that small with me to retighten it. So the saddle stayed in full up position for this ride. The other - really minor - quirk is that when I store the bike with the post down the saddle wants to stay there on the next ride. I have to - lightly - pull it out with the first operation. Then it works perfect for the rest of the ride.

Given all the bad reviews I read all the time about this post I am really surprised how good mine performs. I love it!

Favorite Trail:   Maribor Bikepark

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   Go Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Gravity Dropper; Thomson, Race Face, Ritchey,...

Bike Setup:   Nukeproof Mega, Transition Blindside

Submitted by Rob a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2012

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    where do i start. Ok mine broke after only 3 rides. bad angle adjustment broke the aluminum ribs off, because the seat didn't stay where it suppose to lock in, so i had to tighten it a little more and quashed the aluminum ribs, they are soft as
butter really not the right grade of aluminum for a part which has to hold 180lb + rider.
"A BIG ENGINEERING FAILURE"
Kind shock also has the worst warranty service, i have never experience something like that.
they are working on mine since almost 3 month.

Bottom Line:
Meanwhile i bought a Giant contact switch and i had no problem so far with it,i and i use it now for 2 1/2 month works great.

Good Advise Don't buy Kind Shock Seatposts

Similar Products Used:   Joplin (junk), Reverb (good), Giant (good)

Submitted by jgusta a Weekend Warrior from Portland, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2012

Strengths:    150mm (6") of adjustment. Smooth action. Nice lever ergonomics.

Weaknesses:    Very unreliable, heavy at almost 1.5lbs and pricey for being so un-reliable.

Bottom Line:
Just not worth the coin and hassle to buy, own and use this product regularly in my honest opinion. I have had this post for 9 months and has been sent back in for repair SIX times now with regular cleaning/maintenance. I have used adjustable seatposts for about 6yrs now and this has been the worse and the only adjustable post that has made me truly convert back to standard posts. Would be on something else, but prefer at least 6" of adjustability from climb/descend postion. I am only keeping the post for places where I have to have one on terrain that goes up/down/up/down, etc like in Sedona and maybe for Super D races. Fortunately, I primarily ride on trails in the NW that are mostly all up to all down and prefer the standard post for this where I can adjust it just where I want it and having the extra pound off my bike doesn't hurt either. Crappy product, sorry.

Favorite Trail:   Sandy Ridge

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Gravity Dropper Classic (4&5"), RS Reverb

Bike Setup:   2012 Yeti SB-66 with lite DH/FR build

Submitted by TMCL a Cross Country Rider from Syracuse, New York

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2011

Strengths:    Great design and very smooth action. My initial impression was very positive. The design looks great, no slop in action, and has a great range of travel.

Weaknesses:    Failed after less than 10 hours of use. The post doesn't stay in the up position. Instead it just compresses under light pressure. Kind Shock didn't respond to my request for repair or assistance in correcting the problem.

Bottom Line:
Very disappointed in what seemed like a great product at first. I was optimistic that the problem would be corrected based on what others have written about problematic valves, however there was no response from KS. I think if you get a post that has the improved valves that I've read about you may be quite satisfied. This experience has turned me toward other products. I might try again after a year and or another model release because I think they have the potential for a good product. 3 chilis on value because if you get a good one it is a good value.

Favorite Trail:   Shindagin

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Claymore, mostly stock, Crank Brothers Mallets

Submitted by slacker666 a Cross Country Rider from Northern Cal, USA

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth, reliable

Bottom Line:
All you want with an adjustable post is that it does what it's supposed to - this one does, for me. Am about 200 lbs., have put about 400 miles on it, and it's going strong. No side to side movement. I do get about 1/16" vertical movement when I sit all my weight on it. This is pretty trivial & easy to ignore. All droppers seem to have reliability issues - knock wood, this one's holding up for me. Only possible downside is, if anything this has too much travel as another review said. 6" is a lot. And, it's on the high end of price.