KindShock E-ten Dropper Seatpost

Kind Shock eTen Remote Seatpost The Kind Shock eTen Remote Seatpost combines value and performance. Kind Shock is the first to admit that they produce the most expensive seatpost on the market, but they haven't abandoned their fans on a b...

Submitted by slapmackie a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2013

Strengths:    Price is right
Looks good

Weaknesses:    Weight
Hard to dial in
Slow action

Bottom Line:
For the money, I had to try this post out. Overall it's a worthy dropper and if you don't have $400 bones to drop on the LEV (which is my favorite dropper currently), then this would be the next best thing. For one thing, it works, and that's all that really matters right! I'm like everyone else, once I dried a dropper, it's hard to ride without one.
The only issues I have with the post (and they are minor, totally going to keep it and milk it for all it's worth), would be for 1, sort of a pain to get dialed in. It seems there is a sweet spot for setting the cable stop and it takes a few times to get it set. (Use the barrel adjuster!!!) Too much and it'll drop when you don't want it to, too little and it won't do anything and if it does, it's supper sluggish. Which brings me to 2. It does take a little more force than a high end dropper to push it down completely, also it's a little slow on the return. 3rd, only comes with a set back seat clamp. The clamp seams to work fine being only a one bolt design, but I do prefer a straight clamp, personal preference.
All in all I believe this post is worth every penny and then some. It does have a few minor issues but that's to be expected from a low end dropper. The only other low end dropper I have tried would be the old style X-fusion HI/Lo and in my opinion, the KS is definitely better, plus $100 dollars cheaper.
If you're looking to give a dropper post a try but on the fence, just shell out the $150 and give this thing a go, you won't regret it. If I ever have another $350-$400 laying around I will probably end up buying another LEV for my 2nd bike, but for the time being, the E-ten will be my dropper of choice!

Favorite Trail:   All of them