Fezzari Drop In Adjustable Seat Post Dropper Seatpost

3.2/5 (5 Reviews)

The new Fezzari Drop In Seatpost allows you to adjust the height of your saddle on the fly. The Drop In has the following features:

• 75mm / 3 inches of travel (the most in the industry)
  • All Aluminum construction
  • Post length - 400mm
  • Weight - 524 g
  • Diameter - 30.9mm

Submitted by runningoutofideas a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2010

Strengths:    A good idea

Weaknesses:    Heavy, very limited adjustability of seat angle (to the point where I had to buy a different saddle), flimsy remote lever, only 3 inch drop on the 30.9mm model.

Bottom Line:
After the initial disappointments mention above, the action soon lost it's smoothness and the air-spring started having trouble returning to the 'up' position. Then, when re-positioning the remote lever on the bars, the bracket snapped off. It is made of the crappiest, most brittle junk alloy that wouldn't survive the smallest crash out on the trail. After 5 months and 16 e-mails to and from Fezzari customer support, I received a replacement. By the time I fitted it, the air-spring was just so breathless, it didn't work at all. So, off it came and back on went the original Thomson Elite (light, strong, fully adjustable, works as intended) and my favourite old Bel Air RL. No word back from Fezzari about the post itself... can't be bothered pursuing it any more. Bad investment.

Purchased At:   Online from Fezzari

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Nomad. Basic AM build.

Submitted by Pat a Weekend Warrior from Wellington NZ

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2009

Strengths:    Looks OK, but looks can be deceiving!

Weaknesses:    Does not come up on it own accord, Allen key bolts burr easily. differcult to service.

Bottom Line:
The concept of adjustable seatposts is brilliant but they do need to work - the cobra doesn't. I'm on my second one now (1st one replaced under warranty) and they both have the same fault. seat goes down, seat won't come back up. So with the remote version, to get my seat up I need to engage the remote lever with one hand and manually assist the seat into the 'up' position with my other hand. Also according to the bike shop where i bought it, they are not servicable and spare parts are not available.
I'm going to spend the extra dosh and get a Gravity Dropper

Purchased At:   Bike Barn

Similar Products Used:   no

Bike Setup:   yeti 575 reace build

Submitted by Xortom a Weekend Warrior from Alameda, CA

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2009

Strengths:    The on-the-fly adjustability is awesome. Relative to similar products, the price is good. The 5-inch drop is huge and you realize how helpful it really is when trying to bomb steep, technical terrain.

Weaknesses:    Design of seat clamp results in limited adjustability for angle of saddle. When riding initially, sticks a little and requires I make a conscious effort to shift and apply my full weight forward on the saddle, though not that big a deal. Feels smooth after compressed/extended a couple times.

Bottom Line:
Works as advertised. Doesn't seem have the other problems I've read in reviews of competing adjustable posts (we'll see about durability - it's only been a few months). I did not purchase the post with the remote lever. When dropping the post on a descent, it's pretty much instantaneous. However, if your trying to raise the saddle to a height short of the maximum extension you set it at, it may slow you down briefly b/c one hand is under the seat depressing the lever - i haven't used the remote version but would think the extra $20 or $30 would be well worth it. I'd give it a 5 overall if not for the seat angle adjustability issue.

Favorite Trail:   Skegg's

Purchased At:   fezzzari.com

Similar Products Used:   First adjustable post for me. Much heavier than my Thompson elite but worth the convenience of dropping/raising the post without having to dismount - if you have any concerns about weight, stick with a non-adjustable seat post.

Bike Setup:   Intense 5.5, xt shifters/derailers, xyclone disc wheels, juicy 7 brakes, Manitou Minute 1 & SX4 shock, etc...

Submitted by ozzybmx a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2009

Strengths:    5 inch drop
No side play
Cheaper than rivals

Weaknesses:    None yet , but seat clamp looks cheapish.

Bottom Line:
-----This is for the KS i900------
(Same seatpost , different name)

I will never be without one of these ever again . This i900 feels better than the CB at the moment , i dont know how it will go in time . Very cheap compared to rivals . 5 inch drop is sensational , seat is well out of the way for decents.
No complaints as yet , very happy.

Purchased At:   Torpedo7

Similar Products Used:   Owned and used CB joplin for 1 year.

Bike Setup:   Nicolai AM , 36 floats , hope brakes , E2200 wheels , XT gears.

Submitted by moshelove a Weekend Warrior from Taipei, Taiwan

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2009

Strengths:    5" drop
infinite adjustability
price-although these still could be cheaper ($150usd) would be nice!
build quality
simplicity
lack of slop!

Weaknesses:    remote lever pivot bolt self-loosens as you use it. needs a washer or lock-tight. the action can get a bit sticky after a muddy ride. all returned to normal the next day.

Bottom Line:
I am using the i900-Remote from kindshock. This is the original post that Fezzari re-badged for sale in the US.

so far so good. I have had 2 very long rides with it so far.

THE BUILD QUALITY: The construction of it is great. For me the seat clamp has been simple and strong. I have had no flex or loose seat clamp issues that others have run into. I weigh 175#. The post feels and looks very well made. I did have some issues with loose nuts though. In the bottom of the post is a retaining bolt that must be tight to keep the internal post from over extending. I noticed it when lifting the bike from the seat. At first it was tight, then there was about 1/2 inch play, then the i could pull the internal post out. It should be noted that this did not effect the functional ability of the post. When I got home I tightened it down and the 2nd ride had no issues. Also, the pivot bolt on the remote lever is constantly loose, although not loose enough to fall out, it seems to need to be a bit loose for the lever to pivot, when it's loose, it doesn't feel sturdy. I think that if I add a washer under it, it will be able to stay tight and still pivot freely. The post has NO SLOP and hasn't shown any signs of getting slop after 14 hours of riding on it.

PERFORMANCE: the added weight is a non issue, compared to my old post, it felt minimally heavier. I ride trails that this post was designed for and being able to drop a full 5" every minute, or every other 5-10 minutes is fricken' fantastic. I have way more power and it saves energy. I used to stop a minimum of 10-20 times to adjust my seat post on the ride. no more. The 5" drop is enough to go from pretty much fully extended climbing height, to as low as I could drop my previous post. With this post, because it is shorter when lowered, I can now drop the seat even lower which is great, and I can still raise it up from there to a nice cruiser level. The system is simple and mechanical, no air to leak or break. It has an infinite range of adjustability, which is not only convienant, smart and helpful, it is fun to play with! No notches to hit etc..

OVERALL: I am very pleased. It's built well, has no slop, huge 5" drop, the only issues were a few loose bolts and that's an easy adjustment, and has been reliable right out of the box. Not to mention it is cheaper than the others which makes me laugh. Yes, it is built in Taiwan, so are most quality components these days! The Taiwanese know how to build and should not be put into comparison with lower budget chinese made crap.

It is true, these seat posts, regardless of which one you get, are an amazing addition to your bike if changing seat post heights often.

Favorite Trail:   A-line, Mt Fromme, Ski Lift in Taipei

Purchased At:   xx cycles

Similar Products Used:   none, but I read countless reviews of issues with every other post besides the Gravity Dropper and AMP post. Both of which don't have an infinite adjust AND are butt ugly in my humble opinion.

Bike Setup:   Giant reign, 36 talas, 2.35/2.1 nevegals, 70mm FSA stem, SRAM X9, WTB pure V saddle, flat pedals.