Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper Seatpost

2.2/5 (35 Reviews)

All new adjustable seatpost, 125mm of infinite adjustment, mechanical design and hydraulic feel.

Crank Brothers Kronolog Seatpost Pro Review

We had a chance to do some great rides with the new Crank Brothers Kronolog dropping post. This post is the latest entry in this important and competitive category of Dropping or Height Adjustable Seatposts. The most important aspect of a dropping post is smooth action and ease of use. It has to be really easy and consistent to use for it to be an effective tool in our rides since we often need it on those ‘oh snap’ moments. The more intuitive and hassle-free it is, the more the rider is likely to use the dropping post. Continue reading →

Submitted by FreuderLocks a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Strengths:    Quality product backed by excellent customer service. This seat post works exactly as advertised, an infinitely adjustable seat post operated with a handlebar mounted remote. Granted the installation instructions are installed, this post will work as advertised, if the directions are not followed, it wont work properly.

Weaknesses:    Weight, but its a dropper....

Properly adjusted mine only has a 4 inch drop, but I ride a small frame so I cant use the full 5 inch drop anyways.

Otherwise no weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Instead of ordering on line or purchasing this post through a local bike shop (even the one I work in) I went straight to the source, Crank Bros headquarters in Laguna CA. Customer service on the spot was excellent! I spoke with the receptionist (Margo, who is also smoking hot), a sales person, and even the mechanic who BUILT this post for me, on the spot, including the correct spacing for my bike, seat height and cable length. If that isnt customer service I dont know what is. The mechanic gave me specific instructions on maintenance, he said would not have to be performed for some time and correct usage and installation of the post.

I went immediately into Aliso/Wood canyon and the post performed flawlessly and has continued to do so on my Carbon Jekyll 2. The post is a bit weighty, but that is to be expected and is about right in the middle of how much many posts weigh. sub 400g is not so bad considering the advantage it gives the rider.

All of the hardware is very straight forward, uses torx bolts on the lever and on the seat clamping bolt.

The unit is finished very well and I can find nothing of any concern with it.

Truly an excellent product which im very pleased to own.

Favorite Trail:   Lynx