Titec Mag 99s Bar End

4.73/5 (11 Reviews)
Weight : 105 grams MSRP : $56.95

Straight and to the point: ultralight Magnesium alloy, in a minimalist and functional design.
  • Material: Magnesium with Forged Aluminum Clamps
  • Bend: Straight
  • Color: Black

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Gunner a Cross Country Rider from Marietta GA USA

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2006

Strengths:    light , short (which i love) , dont bend (been in lots of crashes)

Weaknesses:    scratch too easily

Bottom Line:
    good bar ends if you take care of them

Favorite Trail:   anywhere theres dirt

Submitted by Terrible Terry D a Racer from North Van

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2000

Strengths:    One of the slickest bar ends on the market. The best bar end I have seen, the only other bar end that comes close is the one at Fanny's.

Bottom Line:
    Buy this product if you want to be like Terry! Love these bar ends, for that reason, I give it 5 flaming hot steaming right from the fire into the flame chilis

Similar Products Used:   KY

Bike Setup:   Giant ATX 870
    Deore shifters

Submitted by Peter a Weekend Warrior from West Chester, PA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 1999

Strengths:
    light, nice finish

Weaknesses:
    my right one bent

Bottom Line:
    I liked the bar ends, but they did bend when i crashed. I must say that they are very strong because in the process on crashing, it also crimped my bar. I have pretty much stopped using them, and am going to cut them down to about two inches long because that's all the bar end that i need....

1 Year

a bunch of cheap ski bends

Jamis Diablo Le with Manitou Sx, XT everything else...

Submitted by SB Dave a Weekend Warrior from Santa Barbara, CA

Date Reviewed: May 16, 1999

Strengths:
    Ergonomically best bars I've ever had, I'm on my second pair since my first were lost in a friends truck. Very strong, looks great especially with scrapes and battle damage. I've since sold two of my friends on them as well.

Weaknesses:
    My current pair have bent, not the end itself but the clamping mechanism when I biffed hard and drove it into the ground, the clamp bent perfectly into the Hyperlite bar, they are a match now, I cannot fit them to a new bar when I get one....damn. I have broken other ends before though, no biggie.

Bottom Line:
    I wouldn't try another bar end. I have found the one that fits my hand, is superdurable, looks killer, and doesn't get in the way. Recommended for all except those who ride through thick brush regularly (they can catch and pitch)

Romero Canyon

more than 3 years

Onza's & Giant generic

'97 M2 Stumpjumper w/Judy XC (speedsprings) & '98 Heckler (Z1 bomber)

Submitted by Team Cheestring World DH a downhiller from THE NORTH, England

Date Reviewed: January 20, 1999

Bottom Line:

Hmmmm... bar-ends, eh! What are they for? Personally, as part of TCWDH, we think it is extremely funny to fir bar-ends to obscure parts of our DS bikes. All you cross country boys will probably be fuming at this, but we like a good climb as much as the next man (at the chippy). Don't buy these bar-ends, get yourself a couple of cheestrings and glue them to the end of your flat bar with a pritstick. Highly nutritious hill climbing accessories in a jiffy...Well... it's rating time boys, to be honest, I've never even heard of these things but I give bar-ends in general a big fat five, and a Polaris winnig grin...If you agree or disagree with my comments, please feel free to e-mail me...

Submitted by Joe a racer from Ohio

Date Reviewed: January 20, 1999

Bottom Line:

I don't use barends all the time. My bike came with ski bend barends that were pretty light but seemed a little too bulky. These give you all the same position opsions of ski bends but they're smaller and you save 25-50 grams. They are fairly flexy but you can still use them in technical sections of the trail. Great for cornering.

Submitted by koala a cross-country rider from L.O., OR USA

Date Reviewed: October 28, 1998

Bottom Line:

these are awesome. I'm not a weight weenie so i'd opt for the 25g more (oh no!!), and $15 less, aluminum bars. The short bars are nice for an aditional hand position on long rides, but don't get too much in the way. I also like some bars to keep my hands from slipping off. These bars are awesome if you want something small, light, and cheap.

Submitted by Brad a cross-country rider from FL.

Date Reviewed: September 26, 1998

Bottom Line:

I really like the titec shorties. They are nice and light and a very minimalist design, just what I was looking for. The only problem that I've run into is slipping on them a bit when I start sweating a lot. Which is about all the time here in Florida. Still they provide just enough leverage to be useful while letting you shift riding position on flat sections. Good stuff for weight conscious people.

Submitted by jon a cross-country rider from new york

Date Reviewed: March 13, 1998

Bottom Line:

These are the best ends I have ever tried. Super light, and small. They are out of the way until you need them, then they are out of the way again, unlike big ski-bend bar-ends. I use a riser bar for an otherwise traditional XC setup, and these bars have the perfect inwrad angle to offset the slight 'back bend' most riser bars have, keeps them in perfect position. I highly reccomend them.

Submitted by Rob a cross-country rider from Toronto

Date Reviewed: January 15, 1998

Bottom Line:

These are fine little ends.If you are all techno weenie you'll love the weight shavings.I don't like the grip very much but they are pretty tough over all.Had a problem with slippage on my bars but I solved that.I think I'll give it four chilly willy...blah blah blah blah blah blah 50 words there!

Submitted by Will a cross-country rider from PA

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1997

Bottom Line:

These are a great lttle bar end. They are small, well shaped, and easy to use. I like them much better than the long types because I do not have to worry about them getting snagged on anything.Great feelVERY VERY VERY light