Ergon GX2 Carbon Bar End

- Reworked version ofThe original- Composite 3 finger bar end- Bar end and grip can be independently adjusted for better support and fit- ForTwist shift grips

Submitted by rmaines a Racer from Chandler, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2012

Strengths:    Excellent support, great wear. I was a little hesitant at first going with the white color, but they remain pretty sharp as long as you give them the occasional cleaning (I use Simple Green).

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
These grips are engineered to take a beating while providing excellent support for your hands and wrists. I purchased a pair in 2010 leading up to the 24 Hours of Moab. My hands and wrists were less sore after Moab than they were after doing a 12 hour race without these grips. Bottom line, they do what they claim to do and they wear well. I put in 13 endurance races on my original pair in all kinds of conditions and they're still holding up! Well worth the price.

Favorite Trail:   The last one I rode

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   There's nothing like 'em

Bike Setup:   2011 Salsa Selma Ti SS (GX2 Leichtbau Carbon - White)
2010 Niner S.I.R. 9 SS (GX1 - Team Green)

Submitted by Arc-angel a Weekend Warrior from Florida

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2010

Strengths:    These grip are made of quality.They feel very comfortable in your hands and setting them up was extremely easy.

Weaknesses:    Not for people with large hands.The price but you get what you pay for.

Bottom Line:
These grips are worth there weight in gold! I feel as if I have more control over the bike and enjoy riding longer.Plus I no longer get the ache numb hands which always spoils the ride.The quality of the rubber grip and carbon bar ends are amazing and feel very comfortable in your hands plus they look great! Hands down the best purchase I ever made!

Don't buy if you have large hands!

Favorite Trail:   santos,alafia

Purchased At:   Competitive cyclist

Similar Products Used:   oury grips

Bike Setup:   09 Yeti Arc

Submitted by burcak a Cross Country Rider from Turkey

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, Comfort, Quality, Looks!

Weaknesses:    Feel of loosing grip under severe impacts very occasionally..

Bottom Line:
These are one of the most beloved parts on my bike! I really hesitated by the hard plastic look of the material in the photos, but its not that! The material is nice and grippy.
I have noticed very slight numbness on just a couple of 2-3 hrs rides since I began to use these things and it's WAAAY better than the similarly ergo-shaped yet 2x heavier grips I used. Thinking that ergonomics is the primary concern for you considering these grips, they are definitely successful.

For the downside, I just "felt" like loosing grip (hand sliding forward) on just a couple of rare occasions, but I don't think this will be a problem for the cross-country rider. I've had several fast and bumpy descents on my last rides too, and did not have any problem. Actually the grip is far better than I expected from such a design! The sticky material compensates for the shape of the grip.

Overall I think these deserve the 5-chilis without hesitation!

And as a final note; this short barend GX2 version is fine with me but I have small hands. A really large handed person may feel better with the other longer versions.

Similar Products Used:   Used only seperate ergonomic grips+barends till now

Bike Setup:   Marin Pine Mtn Columbus Zona, SID 100, Hayes Strokers etc..

Submitted by n8rhino a Racer from Bakersfield, Ca USA

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2009

Strengths:    High quality, easy to install and comfortable to use for all types of riding. I use the grips both on my SS for XC racing and on my S-Works Stumpy for endurance racing. I have had great success in both areas.

Weaknesses:    I didn't care so much for the size of the grip so I switched to the smaller grip and have enjoyed them more.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a high quality grip and barend combo, this is the setup for you! Light weight and confortable!

Favorite Trail:   Soquel Demo Ferrest