Easton EC90 Bar End

Superlight and bombproof, Easton EC90 Carbon Bar Ends provide an additional cross-country riding/climbing position with an ergonomic shape that virtually melts in your hand.

Submitted by Michael L a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2012

Strengths:    Awesome form fitted for fingers and thumbs, light weight.

Weaknesses:    First set cracked already with no apparent reason

Bottom Line:
I am a firm believer that function trumps fashion and that's why I don't wear black clothing on a hot sunny day no matter how fashionable it may be. Screw fashion. Bar ends are out of fashion and not usable for those who do not earn their downhills by shuttling. But for the rest of us who pay our dues going uphill these little trick components are a blessing. Nothing beats being able to get up and stretch out on a long grueling climb and these goodies will help propel you over the top on those verticals. I grew up with the old school long and bent Scott bar ends and they really do work. However with a slight nod to the mountain bike fashion police I use these smaller ones with my low rise EC 90 bar and they blend in rather well. The molded to the hand shape is really incredible and they don't add much weight to the bike. A word to the wise. Save your purchase receipt for warranty replacement should one crack. My first set developed a crack without any crashes and without a receipt I bought another pair. You can bet I've got that receipt saved now. A little pricey but you can shop these down to less than $50. Grab hold and ride.

Favorite Trail:   Schultz creek