Specialized BG Elite Road Shoes

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

• Stiff injection molded and glass reinforced sole
  • Micro-adjusting M-lock buckle for secure closure
  • Supple synthetic upper
  • Fits both SPD & 3-bolt cleat systems

Submitted by CALEB a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2011

Strengths:    WEIGHT, STYLE, FIT, PRICE FOR FEATURES, BOA IS AWESOME, VERY STIFF 8.5

Weaknesses:    ODD SIZING, THE FIRST SCRATCH WILL MAKE YOU CRY!!!

Bottom Line:
2012 MODEL. WAITED 4 MONTHS FOR THESE SHOES. I LIKE TO WAIT FOR OTHERS TO TRY NEW PRODUCTS, THEN READ THE REVIEWS BUT I HAD TO HAVE THESE. IT'S ALMOST THE S-WORKS SHOE FROM 2 YEARS AGO. FITS LIKE A GLASS SLIPPER, LIGHT AS AIR, GREAT VENTILATION. THE TOE VELCRO SEEMS USELESS??? BOA LACING HAS MICRO ADJUSTMENTS THAT ARE VERY PRECISE. ONLY ISSUE IS WITH SIZE. I'M A 9.5 SNEAKER BUT A SIZE 11 IN THIS SHOE. FITS NARROW AT FIRST BUT WEARS IN OVER TIME WITH BOA ADJUSTMENTS. THE EXTRA TOE ROOM IS WELCOME. I DONT KNOW HOW THESE WILL FEEL AFTER A CENTURY RIDE. 50 MILES O.K.!

Duration Product Used:   A1A FT LAUDERDALE

Similar Products Used:   SPECIALIZED BG COMP

Bike Setup:   09 ALLEZ, BG TOUPE SADDLE, FSA WING PRO, OS-115 STEM, SHIMANO COMPACT, RIVAL BRAKES, 105 PEDALS, ALL COND. ARMADILLO ELITE TIRES

Submitted by Bosco85 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2011

Strengths:    Fit! And that is EVERYTHING. Extreme comfort in the toes area. Ratchet. Black color and easy to maintain.

Bottom Line:
I needed a new pair of shoes to replace some four year old Shimanos that were tight and constricting in the toes. Really didn't enjoy riding as much last year because of these shoes and wanted to see if I could find some locally, on sale, before the season. Was on-line and convinced myself that it was a "crap shoot" trying to predict what would fit and what would not. Also, wanted to support one of the local shops! Went to a favorite store and they had a decent assortment of marked down shoes. For the fit (and the price) these shoes begged me to take them home. Very, very comfortable for me, who has pancake flat feet and wear orthotics. Excellent support, the tongue of the shoe is in the right spot for me, and very comfy in the toe area. This is only my second pair of road shoes and the ratchet will be a big plus! Waiting for the snow to melt and then will hit the road. I know I made a great purchase.

Duration Product Used:   Long and flat

Purchased At:   East Providence Bike

Similar Products Used:   Shimano.

Bike Setup:   2007 Felt Z80 (stock)

Submitted by James Sperling a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Strengths:    Great feel
Very Sharp,look great!!
Breath good not a HOT shoe
Roomy foot box

Weaknesses:    Have to clean the white shoes to keep them nice!!!

Bottom Line:
i like this shoe!! stiff breathes well and plenty of room in the foot box. Im pretty suprised at the quick reviews??? Mabe they purchased online according to the us shoe sizing and didnt send them back? Do not do this. I tried several pair before I had a good fit. According to specialized I wear a size 14!! not the case more like a 12.5 maybe 13. GO TO THE BIKE SHOP AND GET FITTED FIRST BEFOREW BUYING ON LINE!!! Then you can get your secial deal online! I didnt give it a five since I havent used Tons of different road shoes.

Duration Product Used:   joshua tree mnational park