Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Disc Brake System

Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake Tech Evo V4: With unmatched power, superior cooling and the adjustability of the Tech lever, the V4 is surely - King of brakes. Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake Features: CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England Externally adjustable Tech Evo lever 9.74 caliper with all mount options 2014 T6 aluminium alloy Wide angle hose connector mount Top entry pad fitting Buy Hope Stealth Tech V4 EVO Brake from Chain Reaction Cycles, the worlds largest online bicycle store.

Submitted by Christophe a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2014

Strengths:    Power and modulation is where these brakes excel as expected, they have a very progressive feel and braking with just the right amount of power is a breeze even when in the snow\ice\mud. And when you do squeeze those little levers hard you stop in a hurry, almost too much ! They look fragile but I assure you they are completely bombproof, after smashing my left lever on a rock and basically stopping my whole bike with it... its barely crooked ! They are also incredibly easy to adjust with the dials and bleeding these things is a piece of cake. Hell Hope even gives you a second pair of brake pads ! so stop complaining about the price!

Weaknesses:    Learning curve I guess ? I went OTB a few time the first week I bought them through some emergency braking ( my fault for grabing them so hard ...). The lever shape makes it awkward to setup with my shifter but its nothing serious.

Bottom Line:
Overall the best brake system I have ever owned, that is after having both codes and saint ( saint would be my second favorite, but the modulation on hope is better I find ), They are an absolute a work of art and they stand up to the most abusive conditions out there from long and hard descents to bad crashes !

Favorite Trail:   18-23 I guess (Bromont)

Duration Product Used:   1 season

Purchased At:   Cycle St-Laurent

Similar Products Used:   Saint new and old generations, Codes, Juicy 7 and 5, XT ( new gen )

Bike Setup:   Demo 9, Marzocchi 888, Vivid 5.1, Hope V4s, XT\Truvativ drivetrain, Spank\ODI cockpit, Mavix EX729s with Kaisers !

Shimano XTR-Trail M988 --VS.-- Hope V4 Evo Tech Stealth

I am about to purchase new brakes for my new Intense Tracer 2. I have narrowed it down to 2 brakes: 2013 Shimano XTR Trail M988 w/ IceTech Rotors 180/180mm 2013 Hope V4 (not M4) Evo Tech Stealth (Black) w/ Floating Rotors 183/183mm Has anyone had time on both of these brakes? I LOVE hope ... Read More »