Avid Elixir X.0 Disc Brake System

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

FeelThe power and loveThe feel of XO brakes Since its inception, X0 has made a name for itself asTheTop line in precise and reliable shifting. Now Avid is introducingThe first brakeThat has ever hadThe distinction ofThe X0 name – notTo mentionThe versatility, intuitive design, and sexy good looksThat come with it.This full-featured brake can stop on a dime or be feathered with precision you haveTo feelTo believe. At only 333g, X0 packs allThe power and control you have comeTo expect fromT

Submitted by John a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2013

Strengths:    Easy to modulate, Grippy and Quiet

Weaknesses:    None yet...A little noise last night .. Hope these are better than the Elixer 5's

Bottom Line:
I got these as a replacement for my Elixer 5 that came with my 2013 Stumpy Comp.
They seem to hold up better already. My old ones failed completely after about three rides.
I'm hoping these will not get noisy like the Elixers. I had some small noise on a steep down last night but
I'll keep testing. I think it may be the Avid rotars. I'm ready to get something else as they are already turning black
I think that may be poor heat resistance. I'm happy with these but I'll update this review if the squeal arrives.

Favorite Trail:   Brown Mtn

Duration Product Used:   1 month

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Avid Elixer 5

Bike Setup:   2013 Stumjumper Comp Carbon

Submitted by Helmetless a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2012

Strengths:    progressive, reliable, light, beautiful, I love how Matchmaker works too.

Weaknesses:    Although powerful, I would expect a bit more. Level feel tends to get slacker and slacker and you can notice it from every 10 rides or so. This changes, however, when stock bleeding oil is replaced by Dot 5.1. Highly recommended to change the oil.

Bottom Line:
It is a great brake and reliable over time, 10 months with these babies and so far everything is going smooth with them. Just make sure to use 5.1 oil on bleeding time.

Purchased At:   ebay!

Similar Products Used:   Stroker Gram, Stroker Ryde, Juicy Carbon, Shimano M575, Shimano XT, Shimano M445

X-0, Elixir CR + XTR Hub

I am ordering a new rear XTR/Edge XC wheel. will I be able to run my existing 9 speed SRAM cassette? I am also buying a XTR CL rotor. Will I have any issues getting my Elixir CR breaks to line up? Not including the normal CR headaches. :rolleyes: Appologies if these have been answered ... Read More »