Alligator Serration Disc Brake Rotors

3.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Alligator Serration Disc Brake Rotor are High Grade Stainless Steel Disc brake rotors. Precision engineered to achieve high strength, and superior heat dispersion.

Submitted by RMC99

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2013

Strengths:    Cool looking, inexpensive

Weaknesses:    inferior power
pulsation/vibration

Bottom Line:
I've been running BB7s with 185mm rotor in front. Bought a new wheel and put one of these rotors on. On first ride I definitely noticed much less braking power than the avid rotor - i assume because of the reduced surface area, and I felt a vibration/pulsation. Not happy with it, will keep it on spare wheel.

Submitted by ryan@certifiedbikeparts

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2012

Strengths:    - Look awesome, I get tons of compliments
- No turkey gobble noise with SRAM brakes
- Inexpensive

Weaknesses:    - I've bent quite a few rotors....not sure if it's just me or the rotors themselves

Bottom Line:
I love these rotors. Recently I bent my rear alligator and had to put the XX rotor on that I got with my XX brakes. Now I have the horrible turkey gobble noise from SRAMs rotor....can't wait to get my alligator rotor back on.

Submitted by "Rod" a Racer

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely light weight
Price
Doesn't warp
Durable

Weaknesses:    None that I can detect

Bottom Line:
I was kind of afraid when I first purchased these rotors. I am not scared of lightweight parts, but I was unsure if I wanted to change my rotors. What if they didn't work as well? Well these rotors put all of my reluctant thoughts to rest. I have used these for a year of riding and racing in some harsh conditions. They work! I have not had any problems out of my rotors. They work extremely well and it was a simple install and forget about it part. That is what I really like about it. I don't have to tinker or worry about my rotors even though they're lightweight.

Bottom line: If you want a lightweight rotor that is a set it and forget it part buy them.

Favorite Trail:   any well designed trail

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Avid rotors, shimano rotors

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC with these rotors

Submitted by jfw432 a All Mountain Rider from Macon, GA

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2012

Strengths:    Never overheats

Weaknesses:    Doesn't feel quite as grabby as other rotors with more surface area

Bottom Line:
I first want to comment on the previous review... Modulation has everything to do with the brakes and has nothing to do with the rotors. I also don't quite understand how you can complain about brakes that stop you too quickly. Isn't that the whole point?

Anyway, so I've been using these rotors with my Juicy 7 brakes. During break-in, they did squeal under heavy braking but that may have had more to do with my riding on a humid night. Have barely heard a squeal since and put about 300 miles on these. I've ridden everything from flat sandy Florida to the mountain of north GA with 2-3 mile continuous fast downhills. I've never felt any brake fade on these.

My only real complaint with these rotors is they don't stop me quite as fast as a lot of other rotors. There just isn't as much surface area for the pads to grab onto. Will try some different pads and see if that helps fairly soon.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dakar XC Pro

Submitted by danQ a Weekend Warrior from Arizona

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2012

Strengths:    weight, looks, price.

Weaknesses:    grabs and locks up sending you over the bars.

Bottom Line:
Back was fine, but after my 3rd endo went back to my Hayes rotors..no endos since. Note: was applying moderate pressure and should have had more modulation instead of locking up the front.
Also makes fork vibrate when doing technical stuff like switchbacks (slow stuff).

Favorite Trail:   ye Old Backyard