Superstar Components Disc Brake Pads Brake Pad

3.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Superstars custom compound is specifically designed for UK conditions. Specially manufactured for fast bedding in and low hand fatigue. Not rock hard like cheap or sintered pads, for effortless stopping power.

Sintered compound is now available in most brake pad types. Suitable for use where standard pads are wearing too fast.

Simply chose your pad from the list below and include this code with your order. 4 packs can be pick and mix with any brand.

Submitted by Travis Bickle a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2014

Strengths:    Cheap, good braking power, and cheap. $30 for 2 pair shipped.

Weaknesses:    Howled like a banshee wet or dry. I took em out because of the embarrassment.

Bottom Line:
I picked up the sintered metal pads for my 785 XT's and the first couple of rides were great. I thought they were the dog's bollocks. However they soon started to howl so I cleaned and sanded down the pads and rotors, carefully bedded them in and went for a group ride. The noise hurt my ears and I'm sure in annoyed the crap out everyone else. I replaced them with some resin Shimanos to day and was treated to blissful silence. I may try a different compound from Superstar but that's it for the sintered metal. Buy them if you are totally deaf and don't care about others.

Favorite Trail:   Slick Rock (Cumberland BC)

Duration Product Used:   1 Month

Purchased At:   http://superstar.tib

Similar Products Used:   Shimano sintered, resin, EBC metal, Formula metal, Koolstops, Avid, Galfer and probably more. None squealed like the Superstar.

Bike Setup:   2011 Turner 5Spot with Shimano 785 XT brakes.

Submitted by toronte a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2013

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    Noisy
Weared down quickly for for a sinter pad

Bottom Line:
Good value but I expected more. They were very noisy from the beginning no matter how I bed them in or aligned my brakes.
Now they're about at 20% after a light season of trail riding, mud only once. Miss the 'grab' of organic pads very much so I'll return to those. Also found modulation better on different brand organic pads.

They're cheap, good service, so worth testing because some people seem to like it.

Duration Product Used:   1 season

Purchased At:   http://superstar.tib

Similar Products Used:   SwissStop greens

Bike Setup:   Formula Oro

Submitted by lebikerboy a Weekend Warrior from North Vancouver

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2011

Strengths:    Work as well as if not better than their sintered Shimano equivalent..plus I got 4 sets delivered for $40.00!

Weaknesses:    None so far...

Bottom Line:
A great brake pad for a great price.
Try 'em you'll like them!

Purchased At:   Superstar website

Submitted by finbob a Downhiller from Largs, Scotland

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2010

Strengths:    I originaly got 4 sets of these pads in the RED compound for spares to take on a road trip to the Alps including the Megavalanche & the Avalanche Cup. I bedded my rear set in first before I left and I found them that good I swapped my EBC red stuffs for these a couple of days into our trip. I now run these pads on all 3 of my bikes.

Weaknesses:    None as of yet

Bottom Line:
These are a great set of pads and brilliant value for money at 4 sets for £25.

Purchased At:   www.superstarcompone

Similar Products Used:   EBC, Goodrich, Hope

Bike Setup:   The brakes I am using these on are Hope M4, Hayes 9's and Hope Mini's.

Submitted by Graham from Peak District a Cross Country Rider from Peak District in UK

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2010

Strengths:    The best pads I have ever used

Weaknesses:    NONE - its a crime how cheap they are!

Bottom Line:
If they survive gritty and permanently wet conditions of peak district then they will work anywhere, they are cheap and service is great - magazines and marketing may direct you elsewhere but this is where you should be buying your pads from!

Favorite Trail:   Steep and technical up or down

Purchased At:   Superstar

Similar Products Used:   all the rest who rip you off for something that is v cheap to make

Bike Setup:   Rockshox Lyric coil u-turn, formula mega, hope hoops on dt 4.2, maxxis ardent, thompson layback (i'm 6'4"), SRAM XO/X9, DMR flats, monkeylight DH bars - stuff that survives the muck and grit and UK winters in the peaks!