Plazmatic Citic Acid Brake Pad

4.89/5 (9 Reviews)

Plazmatic Citic Acid

Submitted by Genital Apparatus a Weekend Warrior from Toronto, Canada

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2004

Strengths:    Very, very good lock up. Doesn't wear as quickly as I had originally thought it would. The thick aluminum backing makes them stiff.

Weaknesses:    A little pricey. The pads plus the backing are very thick, and may not fit in some frames (talking about V-brakes here).

Bottom Line:
Talking purely about pad compouns, the plaz pads are some of the best I've ever used. They provide amazing lock up, and make that loud, resounding trials squeak that everyone loves so much. To my surprise, they don't wear very quickly, even though they are soft and I'm running them on a harsh grind. When the pads do run out, I'll have thick aluminum backings that I can use for something else, 'cause I love those backings so much. Definitely a good deal on these pads, they're worth every penny. I've got the Spanish Fly pads on the front, and they're pretty damn good too, I have yet to try them on the rear.

Favorite Trail:   Natural trials

Purchased At:   The Trialsin' Shop

Similar Products Used:   Jagwire blacks, Koolstop Thinline yellows, Magura blacks, Magura salmons.

Bike Setup:   Planet-X Tibo. Typical trials setup.

Submitted by shaun from Austalia

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2003

Strengths:    Awsome pads!!! im a trials rider and im my oppinion there is nothing else even worth looking at. Since instaling them with my HS-33s ive had the best breaking power ever! great durability, even on my ground rims. I love the sound they make that just reasurs u that they are gripping!

Weaknesses:    i found that when my rims or the pads got dusty breaking power was reduced significantly and the rims needed to be cleaned before full power was restored. I now hav ground rims and havnt had ne problems of the sort.

Bottom Line:
Brilliant pads that wont let u down! if ur a trials rider get them now if u dont have them already. Their power inspires confidence

Similar Products Used:   Magura black pads, Koolstop reds

Bike Setup:   2003 20" Racline rhino

Submitted by fj a Weekend Warrior from rdfkj

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
get these pads if you ride trials.
I give them 10 chilies

fu

3 months

Submitted by Terrence a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: September 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
alright.
these pads are good. TOO GOOD. the grip is there, but if you're using it together with a pair of ceramic rims, prepare to cover ye ears! I mean it. but still, its a good pad. I'm not sure about the rest of the world though but in singapore, we've got the new and shorter version of the pads that wouldn't snap out of the holder. re-enforced with epoxy and all that kinda stuff. yada yada yada
okay. bottome line is, get them. they might be costly, but its ONE HELLUVA good set of brake pads.

6 months

Submitted by filbert a weekend warrior from singapore

Date Reviewed: January 7, 1999

Bottom Line:

They really stop your rims but they can come out of their holders(for maguras) and they work quite well in wet weather(better then monty pads anyway). They are very expensive. But they are great for trials. If your are riding cross country you better not put them in front cause you would fly over your handlebars. One more thing, they are quite noisy. Cheers to the makers of this brakepad.

Submitted by mudboy a weekend warrior from LA

Date Reviewed: December 5, 1998

Bottom Line:

i play trials, and these pads are da bomb... everybody always aks me: what the $#!@ are those orange pads dude?!? they work really good, wet or dry, and there's NO HASSLE!! You don't have to tar them hoop everyday anymore!Just click in, ride, and enjoy the comfort and security of dandy, POWERFUL braking.. What the hell are they made of though?? Anybody- ideas?!?

Submitted by Aaron Carpenter from Cleveland

Date Reviewed: November 21, 1998

Bottom Line:

I recently put a pair of Citric Acid brake pads on my stock trials bike. So far, pad wear hasn't been a problem, but the strength of the pad is. I managed to rip them out of the holders(with all the extra pins in) in under five minutes, by just doing small rear wheel hops. This could have been due to the holders I was using(Avid Rim Wrangler, as opposed to Shimano). To keep them in I just epoxied them in, and I haven't had any trouble, even after big drop offs and 3 months of hard riding.Installation is not easy, since you have to drill holes through your holders, and also through the pad. This is time consuming, and the extra pins that they give you are soft metal and bend easily.I would not recommend them for a regular cross country bike, since they are too strong and grippy. With them, it's easy to flip yourself over if you try. It also says on the package that they're trials-specific. Overall, I think they deserve 4 chilis, since they're a pain to install.

Submitted by shawn a weekend warrior from singapore

Date Reviewed: September 6, 1998

Bottom Line:

very good. too good. too expensive. will attract ants and other insects. the orange pad will come out. too noisy. too hard to wear out. last brake pad u will ever buy. too hard to come by. too strong for front brake. dumb idea to make them too long. ppl will want to change pads with u. too much value.

Submitted by Pedro Guimares a downhiller from CA

Date Reviewed: January 11, 1998

Bottom Line:

These pads are available for v-brakes and maguras. They are intended for trials riding. These pads
are incredible. They lockup without tar. they give a great feel and last forever. Usually trials riders
have to grind thier rims along with putting roofing tar on the rims to get the aproriate braking power.
unfortunatly this causes pads to wear fast. But all you do with these are put them on and forget
about it.