Hope Mini Disc Brake Pad

1.36/5 (11 Reviews)

Hope Mono Mini Disc Brake Pads Standard: Genuine Hope brake pads for Hope Mono Mini disc brakes. These are the standard compound pads from Hope.

Submitted by lee black a Weekend Warrior from lake district

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2007

Strengths:    none, originals were good

Weaknesses:    don't have any bite/don't lock-up and no stopping power

Bottom Line:
too expensive and not safe!! Hope should really swap your crap pads for better ones but hey like that'll happen????????

Favorite Trail:   all over grizedale

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   ebc

Bike Setup:   orange patriot

Submitted by Al a Cross Country Rider from U.K

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2006

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Lousey pads. Really bad grip. Like No real power.

Bottom Line:
Sad pads these are!
I made the mistake of getting 2 sets for front and back. Front were just passable but the back were pathetic!
Another change of pad supplier from Hope and it gets me worried because it means that Hope change the supplier on price and not quality issues. Very not impresses!
I run Fibrax now and the original performance is back.

Favorite Trail:   Glentress

Submitted by Nathan a Cross Country Rider from B.C Canada

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2005

Strengths:    I thinking

Weaknesses:    No stopping power. Almost No grip at all. White knuckle braking to get them to stop me.

Bottom Line:
Awesome!!.....Truely rubbish. These new pads from Hope....I can't even lock up the wheels!!!
My "V" brakes in the wet were better than these. Come on Hope!

Similar Products Used:   EBC, Fibrax and previous Hope pads.

Submitted by Jimmy Dolan a Cross Country Rider from Manchester U.K

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2005

Strengths:    Difficult to see any.

Weaknesses:    No real grip to these pads. Lousey braking, like a bad set of V brakes with these on.

Bottom Line:
These latest offerings from Hope are one lousey set of pads.
No grip to these at all and in the wet....what a joke.
I tried everything to make them work. I'm stunned that a company can supply replacement pads that is so much worse than the pads that came with the brakes.
Expensive and trash!!!

Favorite Trail:   Karrimore

Similar Products Used:   Oldaer Hope pads, EBC and Fibrax.

Bike Setup:   Spec Enduro

Submitted by Mark Flanagan a Cross Country Rider from Lakewood CO USA

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2005

Strengths:    N.A.

Weaknesses:    Put a black film on my rotor. Made the brakes howl.

Bottom Line:
Wow, these might be the worst pads I have used to date. I knew the Hope has been getting pads from a bunch of different supliers. I thought I would give their newest pads a try. My old ebc green or gold pads had been working great. I installed these pads my rotors turned black and the noise volume was just crazy. I spoke to hope. They told me that the pads and rotors must have gotten oil on them. This is my third year on discs and I keep my rotors and pads clean. Anyway, I followed their technical fix. Run the rotors in the discwasher I mean dishwasher and sand down the pads. Believe it or not the noise came back almost imediatly.

Similar Products Used:   EBC Green and Gold

Bike Setup:   uzzisl

Submitted by Joel a Cross Country Rider from Nantes Francais

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2005

Weaknesses:    They are very bad at strong braking. No friction on the pad gives weak brakes.

Bottom Line:
The pad is not good fro strong brakes and the friction is bad so you get no power. The pads are expensive and so you think will be good and give power at the brakes but they do not, they cost a lot and are no good.

Submitted by Dave Barrow a Weekend Warrior from Yorkshire U.K

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2005

Strengths:    They are better ont the front than the back where you get no stopping power.

Weaknesses:    Lousey pads.Stunningly bad grip. This is another one of Hope's messing about and choosing different pad makers.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy unless you want to turn good brakes into bad.

Favorite Trail:   The next challenge

Submitted by Nigel a Racer from Montreal

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2005

Strengths:    Not a thing

Weaknesses:    No braking ability in these pads.

Bottom Line:
Consign these pads to the bin, they are dross.
It must be true that Hope have a new pad supplier because I never remember them being this bad.
Do not buy these pads if you want good performance from your brakes.

Similar Products Used:   EBC, original Hope pads, Fibrax

Submitted by Dirtboy a Cross Country Rider from U.K

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2005

Strengths:    These Hope pads are really poor.

Weaknesses:    They do not give enough grip at all and you just grab the levers harder and harder with no increase in braking power.
I've tried 2 sets of these thinking that my first set might be contaminated....absolute trash!

Bottom Line:
Do not buy these pads if you want descent braking power.
Come on Hope...What is going on!!!

Favorite Trail:   Coed-y-Brenin

Purchased At:   lbs

Submitted by J Twist a Weekend Warrior from England

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2005

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Lousey grip. Expensive and just don't do the job!

Bottom Line:
These pads are garbage!!
I complained to Hope and they said that they have changed their Disc pad supplier. Oh so that makes it alright. The pads before this were very good but theses just don't bite on the disc they are quite annoyingly pathetic and dangerously underpower the system.

Favorite Trail:   Glenntress

Similar Products Used:   Fibrax, Aztec, EBC and original Hope.

Submitted by Carlos Sparenberg a Cross Country Rider from Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2004

Strengths:    Good balance of braking power and durability

Weaknesses:    -Much pricier than aftermarket pads
-Squeaky front brake

Bottom Line:
Compared to reviews for other pads, these are not excessively grabby nor do they fall apart after a couple of rides. Probably worth the extra money.

Favorite Trail:   Waller Mill