Delta Aztec Replacement V-Brake Cartridges Brake Pad

The Delta Aztec 2 standard linear pull brake shoes are good shoes at a great value. ForThreaded post mount

Submitted by Derik a Cross Country Rider from Hamburg, Germany

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2004

Strengths:    awesome Braking Power

Weaknesses:    Rim Eaters

Bottom Line:
Great breaking Power when dry and even under wet conditions. But the pads are Rim-eaters! My new Rims are nearly gone after oneYear. My old rims last more than 6 Years with KoolStop Pads! (I always drive the same way to work.)
I will swich back to KoolStop.

Purchased At:   nearest Dealer

Similar Products Used:   XTs, KoolStop

Bike Setup:   Stevens MTB with slicks

Submitted by John G a Cross Country Rider from Westminster, Co.

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Strengths:    Very sticky but modulate well. Don't have a groove in them to hold stuff to gouge your rims. Quiet. Great in dry or wet. Great price.

Weaknesses:    Don't last forever, but what pads do? Hard to find locally--when a store does have them in stock I buy a season's worth.

Bottom Line:
I used Aztec cantilever pads back in the day and loved them. Now I use "Aztec Shimano style V-brake replacement
pads" (like it says on the package) in my XTR V-brakes and love them as well. If there are other pads out there that I haven't tried that are as quiet and have the same or more stopping power as these I'd like to know. I ride about 700 singletrack miles a year, love to climb, don't bomb recklessly downhill (so, yeah, I do ride my brakes more than the next guy} and two sets of pads last me a year. Try them.

Favorite Trail:   Anything steep but rideable