Wheeler Worldwide Falcon 30 XC Full Suspension

• Brakes: Shimano LX / Hydraulic Disc Brake
  • Crankset: Shimano XT / 44x32x22T

Submitted by brett a Cross Country Rider from Sutherland, NSW, AUSTRALIA

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2007

Strengths:    Great bike - i use this mainly on firetrails and single tracks. Reasonable weight. Could easily be used for marathon events / racing.

Weaknesses:    I don't believe it has any.

Bottom Line:
I really checked out a lot of XC bikes before i decided the Falcon 30 was for me. It comes with a full Shimano LX groupset - I bought the bike for another fitness other than running, now i can't get it out of my system - bitten by the XC bug. I have never had any problems (other than the occasional flat tyre). It really hooks up well when you get into a quick flowing, twisty section. This bike turns quick and motors along. Copes well, even in rough stuff. My son has the Wheeler Hornet 30 ('07) and this is a better bike if you ride where you need bigger suspension. Overall I am very impressed with the Wheeler bikes. I love mine.

Favorite Trail:   anywhere

Purchased At:   Kirrawee Cycles

Similar Products Used:   This is my first. My son has a Wheeler - Hornet 30 - which i also ride.

Bike Setup:   Full Shimano LX groupset - Rock Shox Recon 351 fork and Ario 2.1 rear. Love the shift pattern and brakes. (2006 Model)