Trek Fuel EX 9 WSD XC Full Suspension

The Fuel EX 9 WSD's top-flight technology gives maximum advantage over tough terrrain. Its rugged, light ZR 9000 frame with carbon seat and chain stays climbs with ease, infinitely-adjustable travel front and rear.

Submitted by Alan Ross a Cross Country Rider from New York

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2005

Strengths:    Out of the box and down the hill set up is perfect! XT componentry. Reba Team and Fox shocks lots of travel. Lock out which does not break. Not a weak spot. The bike is beautiful in anodized blue takes your breath away before you get on it.

Bottom Line:
Buy this for the woman you love but know that you can ride it too and you will love it as well. Problem is this bike is way better than mine (Cannodale Delta V with XTR)and I want one. The geometry is for a girl with a little tighter approach to the handle bars but I ride this bike all the time and all I bring the saddle up and it fits my 6' 160LBS frame great. Buy this bike if you are a fit recreational rider or better. Buy this bike and you will not need another one again for a long time. You should not buy this bike if you are not going to ride it everyday it is too good to sit in the garage gathering dust. I bought this at Danny's Cycles in Scarsdale they special ordered it for me. Danny's is the best bike shop in the area ask for Danny or Steve they will set you up.

Purchased At:   Danny's Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Cannondales of various flavors

Bike Setup:   XT

Submitted by Amy Greene a Weekend Warrior from North Ft. Myers, FL USA

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Strengths:    XT Shifters, XT Brakes, tubeless, travel, fit(WSD) Duh!The seat's not bad either, mud clearance

Weaknesses:    Suspension lockout is a little goofy but not bad to use.

Bottom Line:
My first ride on the bike was in muddy terrain. It worked smoothly in 4 inch mud puddles and climbed hills like an atv in low gear. My husband tried forever to convince me to upgrade my bike. It took one ride and I am hooked on WSD Fuel EX9.

Purchased At:   Acme Bike Punta Gorda FL

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Hard tail

Bike Setup:   Stock, just like Trek intended.

Trek fuel ex 9 wsd?

Hi there, I'm considering buying a trek fuel ex 9 wsd. It's a 2005 model. Has anyone ever seen this bike or maybe own one. What are your opinions? ThanX a lot G-biker from the NetherlandsRead More »

Trek fuel ex 9 wsd?