Titus X Ti XC Full Suspension

• Seamless 3Al/2.5V titanium front triangle
  • Hydro-formed chainstays
  • 105mm of rear wheel travel
  • Three oversized, sealed main pivot bearings
  • Fox Float RP23 w/ three position Pro Pedal

Submitted by txmountainbiker a Racer from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2009

Strengths:    Accelerates and climbs very well (from what I could tell in the short time I was actually able to ride it). Awesome looking.

Weaknesses:    Weak rear triangle!!! A bit heavy compared to other bikes in the same price range.

Bottom Line:
This review is for the ’09 X Exogrid. The carbon fiber seat stays snapped like little twigs after only about 20 miles on the bike. I was out on my second ride and had stopped for a moment before climbing a short steep section of the trail. When I was ready to get moving again, I pushed down on the pedal and heard a “snap”…I looked down and saw that both of the carbon fiber seat stays had broken at the bottom, near the aluminum brackets. Keep in mind that this was not the result of hucking off of a 4’ drop (or even a 1’ drop for that matter). This occurred from a simple push of the pedal after only about 20 miles of total riding. I’m a 160 lb rider and didn’t even have 5 lbs of accessories at the time so I know the bike wasn't overloaded (bike weighs 24.5 lbs by the way). We’ll see how Titus handles this but I’d have to say that I’m extremely disappointed after dropping some serious coin for this bike! Please don’t think I’m just out bashing Titus because I have an ’08 Motolite Ti and I love the bike. It has over 1,000 miles on it and I haven’t had one bit of trouble with the frame.

Favorite Trail:   Gooseberry Mesa