Titus Racer X Womens XC Full Suspension

When it comes to cross-county, long distance, and any type of performance oriented off road riding, the Racer-X is the bike to have. Tapered, hydro-formed tubes feature increased tire clearance, improved stiffness and even lighter weight. Combined with the increased stiffness, weight savings and laser etched graphics standard. Lighter, faster with looks that kill just standing still.

Submitted by Dina Pang a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, TX

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2008

Strengths:    Other than going for a custom build. I bought this XXS titus racer X frame. Hey, I'm 4'10" with a 26" standover and no one makes frames for lil peeps like me. This bike is extremely responsive.

Weaknesses:    There are none.

Bottom Line:
This bike rocks and rides like a dream. Titus is a pricey but hey if you're little like me you really have no choice in the matter. I had a 99 Titus Racer X before and if it hadn't gotten solden I would still be riding it. I absolutely love the Titus Racer X geometry and the shocks are so plush. So the price is worth is for me. I bought the frame from a local bike store and the X.9 build kit from price point. I plan on making several upgrades over the next few months and will post another update.

Favorite Trail:   Flat rock ranch Comfort TX

Purchased At:   Cycle Logic (frame) and build kit (PricePoint)

Similar Products Used:   99 Titus Racer X XTR build out

Bike Setup:   Avid BB5 Disc Brakes, Fox RLT 80mm, Fox Float RP3, SRAM X.9 rear, Shimano XT front, XRAM X.9 shifters, Deore wheelset. Cane Creek headset, Sette stem, Thomson seatpost and saddle

Submitted by Wendy Wagner a Racer from Park City, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2006

Strengths:    I have a Small Racer X with the 80mm fork. It's wonderful. The first time I rode it I was amazed. It's lighter and much - much - more responsive than my bikes of the past. Agressive on the downhills. Climbs great and easy to lock the front shock (even while racing). Rear geometery is fluid and I don't feel like I loose power climbing through the back end. Bike stays on the ground and doesn't bounce around, great control. This bike has taken minutes off my cross country times!

Weaknesses:    Costly for most of us.

Bottom Line:
Basically this bike inspires fast and hard riding. I absolutely love it! I feel it is worth the money because it gets you fired up to ride, and that is priceless...

Favorite Trail:   upper/lower/middle Luge - Hartman Rocks, Gunnison, CO

Purchased At:   Grand Sports, Winter Park, CO

Similar Products Used:   '02 Gary Fischer Sugar 2.

Bike Setup:   Titus 'All Mountain II Kit': Avid Juicy Carbon Disc Brakes, Fox RLT 80mm, Fox Float RP3, SRAM X.9, Shimano XT front, Chis King headset, Titus stem, seatpost and saddle

Submitted by eva pinotti a Cross Country Rider from daly city, CA

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2006

Strengths:    I own a small racer X. I am fairly short and it fits me great. I am able to do increasingly more technical stuff on this bike compared to my previous steed, a specialzied M4. The control going down rocky stuff is fantastic. I also love who the bike is so nimble on twisty sigletrack .
It also climbs extremly well..flying up the steeps compared to my old bike. Can't say enough about this bike it is truely a pleasure. Mine is baby blue and I have avid juicy 7 disk brakes. I have a pink chris king headset and pink chris king hubs too. Tres chic.

Weaknesses:    None at all except for the price
This isnt a product weakness but the Titus company shortcoming...they do not answer emails. Oh well. :)

Bottom Line:
If you can afford it BUY IT.

Favorite Trail:   skeggs point, blue blossum

Purchased At:   bike works half moon bay

Similar Products Used:   Specialed M4, Shwinn Moab hartail

Bike Setup:   avid Juicy 7 brakes, race face cranks, panaracer fire XC pro tires, Easton monkey liqht handlebar Chris king head set and hubs (in pink)

Submitted by Toni Geer a Racer from Boulder, CO USA

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2006

Strengths:    This bike is actually sized for women. As the frame gets smaller the geometry changes appropriately. There is a different design for 80mm & 100mm forks. The front/back balance is perfect. This is a very light, fast, snappy bike. It hugs the ground very well.

Weaknesses:    There are no real weaknesses at all! Not the fault of Titus; but on the XS womens bike you cannot get a waterbottle in the single cage - even with a side mount cage. I'm back to camelbacks.

Bottom Line:
This is the best mountain bike I have ever ridden. It fit perfectly. For a small women, the geometry with an 80mm fork is great. I am not too far off the ground. I can climb things I never did before. The Racer X cuts 3 pounds off of my previous bike. It turns very quickly. No shimmy on high speed downhills.

Anyone would be thrilled to race this bike, though it is perfectly happy just cruising the trails.

Favorite Trail:   Slickrock - Moab

Purchased At:   Grand Sports Winter Park Colorado

Similar Products Used:   Specialized FSR (poor geometry for a small women & very springy rear shock, heavy)

Bike Setup:   Titus Ultimate race kit: Fox RLT 80mm, SRAM X.0, Margura Marta SL discs, FSA carbon bars, FSA stem & carbon post with setback, Mavic SL wheelset, Kenda Karisma UST tires, Titus saddle, Candy SL pedals