Titus Racer-X Custom Exogrid XC Full Suspension

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 2540 grams MSRP : $3050.00

• Stiffer, stronger, lighter, ride-tuned hybrid tubeset
  • 3.65" rear travel
  • Fully active suspension design
  • 3-piece X-link suspension linkage for maximum stiffness
  • Incredibly stiff rectangular hollow box lower swingarm

Submitted by shannon alley a Weekend Warrior from cincinnati oh usa

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2007

Strengths:    This bike is extremely fast and nimble. It rides like a dream. I can only say that riding reminds me of another first time... mind blowing. I really took a step up with this bike from a Specialized Rockhopper. You can only imagine how I felt the first lap; I was grinning ear to ear.

Weaknesses:    zero

Bottom Line:
I had a great experience with Bob @ bikerbob.com. I've only known him for a few months but he has taken good care of me; I now ride with him regularly. I actually had to order a second one because my first one was stolen. Fortunately my homeowners covered it. Bob, together with Titus, are rushing me out a new one. Thank God for insurance. After riding this bike I could never be happy riding something else. I highly recommend it to the experienced or novice rider if its in your price range, especially if speed is your agenda!

Favorite Trail:   hueston woods

Purchased At:   bikerbob.com

Similar Products Used:   There is nothing similar.

Bike Setup:   medium frame, built for speed!

Submitted by zachary a Cross Country Rider from ukiah, ca. USA

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2007

Strengths:    This bike rides likes it is on rails, and absolutely bombs the downhills. It's responsivesness and it's acceleration are unbelievable.

Weaknesses:    Zero

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike as my "Dream Bike". I have not been dissappointed. My very first ride, before I even dialed the fit in, I bested my PB on my favorite trail. This bike can only be ridden fast.

The epic and the anthem are nice bikes, but they just don't give you the same rush.

My experience with Bob's Bicycles(Bryant), and with the Titus company(E.J.) was exceptional. I never had buyers remorse, and I am kind of missing the whole buying process. It was really fun to have some input into the process.

Buy this bike if you work your ass off and deserve to spoil yourself one time. Don't buy this bike if you can't get out and hammer at least 3x per week!

Purchased At:   Bob's Bicycles of Boise Idaho

Similar Products Used:   Tried the s-works epic, and Giant Anthem

Bike Setup:   Titus RAcer X with The Ultimate III package. XTR/XO

Submitted by Greg a Weekend Warrior from Colorado

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2006

Strengths:    The EXOGRID is a high performance machine guaranteed to satisfy the weekend warrior and the racer. I made what I thought was going to be a mistake and raced the bike 3 days after I got it. By the second loop I truly had a big smile on my face. The most amazing thing was, after 23 miles, I felt fresh. The suspension was plush and stable. The bike handled great. Just under 25 lbs I was concerned it would not feel as nimble as my YBB at 23lbs. The tight frame geometry, supple suspension, and disc brakes did their part to make up the difference.

Weaknesses:    If you are going to race this bike, spend the money on the light components. Otherwise the bike gets heavy fast.

Bottom Line:
Expect to manage all aspects of terrain with precision and confidence. This bike is amazing. And if you are looking for compliments there is no cooler bike than a Ti-Carbon sandwich with EXOGRID style.

Ride Fast. Take Chances.

Favorite Trail:   GoldBarRim-Portal

Purchased At:   Grand Sports-Winter Park

Similar Products Used:   This was my first foray into full suspension. Though I still love my YBB because their is almost nothing better, this bike is hot, and manages the wild terrain better than my YBB. And let's face it, the trails ain't getting any smoother...or am I just getting older?

Bike Setup:   My bike is set up with the Ultimate Race Kit from Titus which includes Marta SL disc brakes, FSA seat post, stem, and handlebars, and SRAM X0 rear, XTR front.

Submitted by Mike Moss a Cross Country Rider from Troy, Mi USA

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2006

Strengths:    This bike fits like it was made for me (It was :))
rails the corners and climbs hills like I'm pedaling too slow
the best bike I've ever owned

Weaknesses:    problem with Avid juicy 7 brake

Bottom Line:
WOW the best bike that I have found for me and my style of riding, I have nothing bad to say, the rear triangle is light and stiff, the front if forgiving but stiff, I just love this bike

Favorite Trail:   Stony Creek

Purchased At:   Trails Edge,com

Similar Products Used:   Blur, Epic, RM7, trek fuel, most other upper end XC bikes

Bike Setup:   XO shifters and rear Der. and cassette and chain, xt front Der., Fox RLT Fork, Fox PR3 shock, Race Face carbon bars and seat post, hugi 240 wheels, Avid juicy 7 brakes

Submitted by tito a Cross Country Rider from Spain

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2006

Strengths:    It looks great,cool and others biker turnr their heads when you ride.

Weaknesses:    Incredible price

Bottom Line:
Incredible bike , equiped with all you can dream and with an amazing look.
A single track samurai that makes you go faster and faster and very capable down hill.
My wife never let me buy one except if I buy one for she.
Buy it if you are looking for THE BIKE.
Don´t buy if you are a down hill warrior.

Favorite Trail:   Any singletrack

Similar Products Used:   Santacruz blur, Specialized stumpjumpers FRS s-works,Cannondale scalpel 3000

Bike Setup:   Fox rlt 100, Sram XO, Full carbon components,Stork carbon cranks, Dt swiss XR 1580 Wheels with tubeless kit, egg beaters ti pedals,formula oro puro brakes.