Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO XC Full Suspension

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO: The Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO is purpose-built for the aggressive trail rider. It separates itself from other carbon Stumpys with a slacker head angle and 150mm of front and rear travel...

Submitted by 5power a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2012

Strengths:    This bike will make all your other bike become extinct. I've done enduros, xc races such as the mohican 100 miles to DH at whistler bike park on this machine. The short chain stays and low stand over height makes it a Porsche 911 turbo in the corners combine with the lite weight carbon it will rocket you out of the corners. Drop the post and enjoy the flight the evo will take care of everything.

The FSR is sooo plush, I've demo a yeti sb66, pivot 5.7, Nomads etc.... when it's time to send it nothing will touch the EVO! Climbing is amazing as well, I have a Carbon Niner air that weighs 18lbs and the evo would give the niner a run for its money on the climb. Believe the hype its that DOPE.

Weaknesses:    Haven't been able to pick up any ladies with this bike.

Bottom Line:
Dream bike. All the celebrities are rocking one.

Favorite Trail:   Whistler, Duthie, Pisgah, Mohican, Santa Cruz

Bike Setup:   I9 wheelset, fox 36, Formula the one brakes, Chromag 780mm bars, reverb, xx build = 24.1lbs

Submitted by RustyA a Cross Country Rider from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2012

Strengths:    Light for a 6" travel bike, climbs well. Descending is amazing. Don't know how anybody rides without a dropper post. The suspension is good enough that my old back doesn't even notice the 2-3 foot drops any more.

Weaknesses:    Expensive.

Bottom Line:
The perfect trail bike. Great for longer, more technical rides. You can bring it to the bike parks and have fun, too.

Favorite Trail:   Colorado Trail in Summit County

Purchased At:   Procycling

Similar Products Used:   Last year's aluminum Stumpjumper EVO. That bike was so good that I had to try the carbon version.

Bike Setup:   Upgraded the wheels to DT 240's with Stan's Arch rims. Ritchey carbon bar, Sram XO shifters, Sram drive train.

Decision Time: S-Works Stumpjumper FSR or FSR Expert Carbon EVO?

I'm retiring my 2006 Enduro AM rig for something that will climb better and not fight me as much on all the sit and spin trails we have down here in South Florida. I'm 6'6", 215lbs and am gonna stick with 26" this time around. I came from BMX and just don't enjoy the big wheels. So, I test ... Read More »