Scott Aspect FX-15 XC Full Suspension

3.57/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 30.73 lbs

• Frame: Aspect FX Hydroformed D.B. Scott LCR shock remote control 110mm travel Integrated headtube
  • Headset: Ritchey Logic OE integ.
  • Brake Levers: Shimano BL-M485
  • Brakes: Shimano BR-M485 Hydr. Disc
  • Crankset: Shimano FC-M542-S 44x32x22 T
  • BB-Set: Shimano Cartridge shell 73mm
  • Handlebar: Scott Comp 620mm, black 20mm rise 8°
  • Pedals: Shimano PD-M505 Clipless pedal

Submitted by Holmes a Cross Country Rider from Cracow, Poland

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2009

Strengths:    LCR rear shock. Great tracking control. Nice components for that price.

Weaknesses:    SCOTT tyres, brakes

Favorite Trail:   FR

Purchased At:   Poland

Bike Setup:   Many upgrades. RS Reba, Hayes Strokers, Mavic CrossRide, XT components, NOKON, etc.

Submitted by andrem a Weekend Warrior from Johannesburg

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2008

Strengths:    One guy submits two bad reviews and the product looks bad, pity that. My first impressions of the bike are very good: nice tight frame, small cockpit, overall quality feel to everything on the bike.

Weaknesses:    I'm not a Rockshox fan and the Tora fork does not inspire me to boldness. I would rather pay a bit more and get a Fox fork.

Bottom Line:
Good value for money is my first impression. I like the Scott tubing and frame design and the brakes are better than I expected. The lock-outs are effective and transform the bike's character completely.

Favorite Trail:   Big Induna

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Scalpels and GT I-Drive.

Bike Setup:   Standard, so far.

Submitted by oret a Cross Country Rider from Misgav

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2008

Strengths:    Strong and solid frame which provides lots of confidence to the rider. Excellent grip of the ground. Very good components for the price.

Weaknesses:    Average front suspension and brakes - but still doing the job quite well.

Bottom Line:
Excellent product which provides great value for the price.

Favorite Trail:   Segev

Purchased At:   Scott

Similar Products Used:   Trek 4400

Bike Setup:   Standard but planning to upgrade the front suspension in the future.

Submitted by tsidon a Cross Country Rider from Israel

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2008

Strengths:    Rear Shock perforemance and lockout option. Very comfortable with good grip of the ground. I have used the bikes in various and different tracks and enjoyed riding in all of them.

Weaknesses:    Front shock peforemance is no more than average.

Bottom Line:
I am pleased with the bike's performance and comfortability in different types of tracks.
The front shock is my recoomendation for an upgrade

Similar Products Used:   Only front suspension products

Bike Setup:   Currently the original. The plan is to upgarde in the future the front shock to a better one.

Submitted by Marshall1 a Cross Country Rider from Christchurch, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2008

Strengths:    Lightish weight for the price (13.8kg). LCR rear shock remote lockout function. Overall dynamic performance is good. Shimano LX components make shifting smooth and precise.

Weaknesses:    Reliability of LCR rear shock, Scott after sales service, OEM Scott tyres lack bite in the loose.

Bottom Line:
I have been pleased with the bikes dynamic performance and I have been very compeditive in local events. This has been let down slightly by the failure of the rear LCR shock but more so by the poor after sales service from the NZ Scott agent. After 4-failed attempts to repair the original shock I would have expected a new replacement under warranty by now. Emailed Scott Europe but got no reaponse there either. I am sad to say this experience has had a detrimental effect on my rating. Caveat Emptor

Purchased At:   Scotty Browns

Similar Products Used:   First bike for 20-years after my knees told me to stop running. I will be looking at alternatives though.

Bike Setup:   Set up for XC. Genius TC 2nd hand rear shock currently in place of failed LCR unit. Maxxis Highroller 2.1 tyres now fitted. Looking to replace the OEM Tora with a Reba to shed another 0.8kg (1.7lbs in the ancient tongue).

Submitted by Marshall1 a Cross Country Rider from Christchurch, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2008

Strengths:    Lightish weight for the price (13.8kg), rear shock remote lockout is great, Shimano LX components make shifting smooth and precise. Bike performance is good with a lively, responsive action

Weaknesses:    Scott LCR rear shock reliability, Scott backup and service, OEM Scott tyres lack grip on loose surfaces.

Bottom Line:
I have been impressed with the dynamic performamce of the bike but this has been let down by the early failure of the LCR rear shock. It haemorrahaged oil everywhere at the bottom of a mild 1m dip in a tame local track (Mcleans Forest). It has been back to the shop 4-times for the "repaired" shock to be refitted but the repair has failed each time. Emails to Scott Europe have been greated with silence. While I can accept that mechanical components can fail, I am disappointed with the aftersales service. Just give me a new shock! Caveat Emptor.

Similar Products Used:   None for several years but I will be trying others

Bike Setup:   Stock standard except for 2nd hand Genius TC rear shock fitted due to failure of stock LCR unit. Would like to replace Rockshock Tora with a Reba to shed another (0.8kg (1.7lbs in the ancient tongue)). OEM tyres now replaced with Maxxis Highrollers 2.1.

Submitted by Marshall a Cross Country Rider from Christchurch, New Zealand

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2008

Strengths:    Moderately light weight for the price range although swapping the Tora for a Reba will save another 0.7 kg (1.5 lbs in the ancient tongue). Shimano LX components make shifting smooth and precise. Remote rear shock lockout makes smoother hill climbs more efficient. Good performance for it's price with a lively action and feel (for me anyway).

Weaknesses:    Well I hate to write a review in anger but...Rear shock reliability and Scott's backup and customer service (see below). Frame creaks a little under heavy compression loads). Stock tyres fast but lack grip on loose surfaces.

Bottom Line:
I purchased the bike in late 2007 and was really happy with it's "performance" (and still am). However after only 3-months the rear shock haemorrahaged oil everwhere at the bottom of a small dip in a gentle local track (McLeans Forest). Fortunately I was able to lock-out the shock and ride back to the car (a plus for the remote lockout). The bike shop fitted a 2nd hand Genius shock to get me up and going but over the last 4-months the bike has been back to the shop 4-times to have the "repaired" rear shock refitted and each time the shock has again failed. I have emailed Scott direct and waited for a response (before submitting my review) but the silence has been deafening. While I may reside at the ass-end of the planet the internet is global (don't they know that?) and I will not be suppressed. I would have thought under the warranty conditions I could expect to have the shock replaced but it appears not. I can understand a component failing, it happens, but the lack of response is dam right disgusting(Thanks for your money, Good Luck) Caveat Emptor.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Scotty Browns

Similar Products Used:   My daughters Dora the Explora bike. More reliable and only $50.00 US

Bike Setup:   Please note that my bike is a Reflex-FX15 the 2007 version of the Aspect. Stock standard except for a Genius rear shock and 3-position lockout shifter.