Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL XC Full Suspension

Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Rocky Mountain has been producing bikes forThe past 27 years. Rocky Mountain produces some ofThe best bikes onThe market becauseTheir engineers actually ride.They aren’t pushing out hundreds ofThousands of bikes a year; Therefore,They reallyTakeTheirTimeTo make sureThat every bike is ofThe upmost quality. This is not your standard XC bike by any means. Constructed of FORM C13 Hi Mod CarbonThis feather weight bike is feature packed.To start, Roc

Submitted by rockyuphill a Cross Country Rider from North Vancouver

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2011

Strengths:    Light, stiff, very snappy handling and impressively efficient pedaling

Weaknesses:    cable routing is bit awkward but workable

Bottom Line:
The bike really handles like the Vertex RSL hardtail with some cush, very fast handling, very efficient pedaling, climbs great, descends great. Lots of stand over. The frame is very stiff like the Vertex, it takes body english well, it responds to all pedal input very well. It's just bumped my Vertex RSL off my favourite bike podium.

Favorite Trail:   anything Squamish

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Different Bikes

Similar Products Used:   RMB Instinct, Santa Cruz Blur, RMB ETSX Team, RMB Altitude 90 RSL

Bike Setup:   Bought as a frame only, built with Fox F100 with Kashima coating, ENVE wheels, ENVE stem, bars and seatpost, XTR 980 brakes, Race Face Next cranks, XTR 3x9 speed drivetrain, Conti Race King 2.2 plus Eclipse tubes. 21.5 pound weight in a Large.

Submitted by adub1978 a Racer from kamloops, BC Canada

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2011

Strengths:    light, very nice looking, great part spec, stiff, great standover clearance.

Weaknesses:    none that I am aware of yet

Bottom Line:
the bike handles very well. feels like a downhill bike on descents and is great on climbs. hands down the best xc race bike I've used. it is as light/slightly lighter than my hardtail but has 4 inches in the back. the parts complement the bike very well...the xtr brakes let you carry a lot more speed into corners and the low-ish BB lets you rail through them. 2x10 setup is really nice too. the fr shifts so quickly.

Favorite Trail:   salty dog course, cardiac classic course

Similar Products Used:   trek fuel 100, hardtail race bikes

Bike Setup:   full xtr, dt swiss xr1450 wheels, race face stem, bar, post. stock setup, but had I spec'd it out myself it would be pretty close to how it came

New Custom Build - Element Team RSL

Just built it up as my ultimate race rig for next season...things I can't race without grip shift, rotor rings and XX hydrolic lockout. 21.5 lbs with pedals Enjoy the picts...thanks for lookingRead More »

Element Team RSL Suspension settings

Hi Everyone, This is my first post here. I just purchased a 2011 Element Team RSL. Needless to say, I am very excited to be getting it very soon. My question to everyone is what do you recommend for the suspension settings or do you have any tuning tips? I live in the Pacific NW and will be racing ... Read More »

Rocky Mountain Element Team RSL - Claro Brasil Ride Edition

Hi fellows, Let me share my experience on such a new bike hitting the market - Element RSL I rode the new Element on Brazil last November. The race had 6stages and more than 500Km with a lot of Mud, Sand, Rivers, Rocks..all kinds of sweet things for bike ride. You can see info here : [URL="http:/ ... Read More »