Rocky Mountain Element 90 XC Full Suspension

• Brakes: Formula ORO K24 hydraulic disc
  • Bottom Bracket: Race Face Deus X-Type

Submitted by ME a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2012

Strengths:    Ridiculously light, strong frame, smooth shifting, great stopping power, looks amazing, quality components just a wonderful bike.

Weaknesses:    Zero

Bottom Line:
I really love this bike. Bought it off a buddy because he is upgrading, but wow. This bike is quick, light and stays suprisingly well planted on the trails. Extremely happy with this purchase. I also found that climbing is significantly easier with this bike. I had always struggled with this previously. Bike is very predictable and easy to manouver on trails. Out riding in Canmore right now and the element is preforming like a champ. Would definititely recommend this bike for cross country enthusiasts.

Favorite Trail:   River valley edmonton

Purchased At:   Buddy

Bike Setup:   Stock except swapped hutcinson tires for specialized tubeless.

Submitted by juan oliver a Cross Country Rider from caracas, miranda, venezuela

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2010

Strengths:    Very agresive riding position, light weight, downhill works excelent

Weaknesses:    the shifters have some problems dont get back the levers. In very very pronunciate pendings is not too much estable.

Bottom Line:
This bike es very light weight for an aluminium bike, I have my bike with hutchington phyton UST lightweight tires and with de mavic SL rims the bike weights 11.3kg with out pedals, size 18"

Favorite Trail:   XC

Purchased At:   used to a friend

Submitted by Zchene a Racer from Lehi, UT, USA

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2009

Strengths:    Reliable proven design. Efficient, fast, simple. Beautiful build... would hardly change a thing (maybe the seat). Great looking.

Weaknesses:    ME! Other than that I can say my only complaint is tight mud clearance on rear wheel.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. Aside from the wow factor and the beautiful paint job this bike is a fast, flawless ride. It's comfortable and efficient on long marathon type rides/races. And fast and snappy on the quick rides. Shifts so perfectly and is super easy to dial in. I barely had to do anything to keep this bike in flawless performance shape all year... just kept polishing/lubing it up after the rides. People get caught up in all of these different linkage systems... Rockymountain has found something that works and it's hard to beat which is why I keep gravitating back to this bike, and it's why most of my friends keep dropping further back when they ride with me.

Favorite Trail:   Any Fast Singletrack

Similar Products Used:   08 Rockymountain Element 90, 06 Rockymountain Element Team

Bike Setup:   Factory setup. Sram XO rear, X9, Formula Brakes, Crossmax SLR Tubeless, Fox RLC w/ 15mm axle, Raceface crank

Submitted by nlacetera a Racer from Islip NY, USA

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2009

Strengths:    This bike ROCKS. Just got it today and did my first ride. It does everything you want your mountain bike to do. I was faster and felt fresh after a two hour hard ride.

Bottom Line:
I wish I bought this bike years ago. Jessie at Adrenaline Bikes spent a lot of time with me, making sure I got everything right. He explained how this bike would be perfect for me and my style of riding. Jessie is the Man,
I had to pick the bugs out of my teeth because I was smiling the whole ride. This bike will make all your riding dreams come true.

Favorite Trail:   Rocky Point