Norco Phaser 1 XC Full Suspension

• XC Race 100 mm travel with MU9 custom butted aluminum tubing and ceramic bearings and integrated headset
  • Micro link alloy link arm for weight savings
  • A.R.T - new advanced ride technology
  • Rear post mount disc brake mount
  • Fork: Rock Shox SID RLT 100mm dual air
  • Rear Shock: Rockshox Monarch RT air shock
  • Rims: Stans ZTR Olympic 28H
  • Tires: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 26x2.1
  • Cassette: Shimano XT 10 spd

Read the Preview on the Norco Phaser Here>>

Norco Phaser 1 XC Full Suspension Pro Review

Read The Complete 2012 Norco Phaser Review

The 2012 Phaser is a no compromise cross country rig for riders who like to go fast during races, endurance events, and late afternoon rips with your fast group of friends. The frame utilizes lightweight MU9 butted tubing and incorporates other weigh-saving features like Norglide composite bearing and a one-piece link arm that integrates a pivot point at the lower shock mount.

Submitted by patmurphy_99 a Cross Country Rider from Langley, BC Canada

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2011

Strengths:    This bike climbs like a goat. The lack of peddle bob is amazing from the new “A.R.T” suspension. I was very surprised how well moving the suspension links could work. This bike feels like a hardtail when you are cranking along but the rear end becomes totally active when it needs to. The bike is a good descender too. It is very precise and stable, I can ride this bike faster on technical down hills than any XC bike I have ridden. I also love the new 10 speed XT. My last few bikes have been XO or XTR but this stuff works great. The new gear ratios let’s me stay in the middle ring for almost everything. It also keeps the cost of the bike down. I weighed the bike on a Park scale, and it was 23lbs 5 oz for my large with a set of crank brothers peddles, unbelievable.

Weaknesses:    I had to change the skinny flat bars for something wider. I also changed the tires because the Rocket Ron’s may be okay in the summer but they don’t work on wet west coast trails.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for a good price. 23lbs of XC fun!

Similar Products Used:   Norco Faze I, Specialized Epic, S.C.Blur, Rocky Mtn ETS & Element

Bike Setup:   Stock except for a Fox Float RLT with 15mm axle up front and a Syncros riser bar

Phaser 1 availability

Anyone knows where I can get a Phaser 1 frame in Sydney area? How much is the retail on it? Thanks!Read More »