Marin Mount Vision 5.6 XC Full Suspension

• Chain: Shimano HG53
  • Cassete: Shimano, 11-34, 9 Speed

Submitted by paul armson

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2014

Strengths:    well its got everything you need to know about maintenance/riding/its what you want everything on one site instead of going from web site any way nice one keep it up if not for yourselfs then for the millions of riders from every corner of the world well internet

Weaknesses:    not bin on the site enough to make a proper decision

Bottom Line:
i only went to the marin mount vision 5.6 that was a couple of years ago still gutted to this day

Submitted by Greg a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2013

Strengths:    Nice design very stiff but subtle suspension handles down hills easy color is sick welds look amazing double welds on top and down tubes like the suspension design supple but does not ramp up to bad best double suspension I have owned 3 previous.

Weaknesses:    little heavy

Bottom Line:
Built mine up fox rear shock stan's wheels american classic hubs no tubes 2.3 tires Reba rlt ti fork would not trade this bike 2010 is last year they made this design. and for me it works great have mine built more for Trail not cross country still weighs 30 pounds trail ready.. Love the elevated chain stays

Favorite Trail:   Chino Hills South Ridge

Duration Product Used:   2years

Purchased At:   adreneline

Similar Products Used:   Santa cruz heckler schwinn rocket 88 hare extreme

Bike Setup:   bad ass xt brakes deore components to many to list

Submitted by Byron Stewart a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2013

Strengths:    The quad-link system feels excellent, the components are really good for the lowest series of the Mount Vision. My Mount Vision came with Manitou Minute Expert forks which handle the trails like a beast.

Weaknesses:    The Rear Shock needs to be upgraded. Kind of on the heavy side but weight is evenly balanced.

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a good full suspension bike that was around $1,000. I stumbled across this bike on Sun and Ski Sports for $900. I jumped on the deal and had it shipped to the store closest. I wasn't for sure what I thought about the Quad-link system since I was not able to test ride the bike before I purchased it. The RockShox Tora forks that come on the bike were not sent over in the box so the store replaced them with Manitou Minute Expert forks. I have had this now for about a year and I have to say that this bike is a machine and has given me the confidence I've never had on a mountain bike before. I am about to upgrade the rear shock to a FoxShox Float RP23 that comes with the 5.7.

Favorite Trail:   Big Cedar

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   Sun and Ski Sports

Submitted by Farquar a Weekend Warrior from NSW

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth suspension, the bike loves cornering. Fear fox shock rp2 is a real strength, when locked off it still reacts to large bumps which makes me happy, I believe the 2011 models have switched to rock shox for the rear shock now, bummer.

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavy side, but it is a lot of metal. The tora shox it comes with are useless, need up grading to make the bike really worth your while.

Bottom Line:
Great bike, its so nice to ride it makes you want to upgrade everything on it. Then you wonder if you should have just saved up and bought the 5.7
As the front tora shox are below average, and ya want real shocks, save the up and get the 5.7 it will save ya bucks in the long run...as once it has good shocks on the front its ready for anything being a beautifully designed bike

Favorite Trail:   South Sydney

Purchased At:   The Bike Shed

Bike Setup:   I went with cheap fox vanilla,and they do the job fine, although they are heavy as they are a coil suspension.

Submitted by mrdarpino a Cross Country Rider from Apollo Beach, FL

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2011

Strengths:    This bike is fluid,agile, fast, and light in movement for what may be considered a heavier bike in this class. I am in love with the way this bike performs. It is smooth through the drops, rocks,roots, turns and a great climber. I highly recommend it. I was lucky to find it new on clearance for more than 50% off the msrp for the 2010 model.

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome and even better if you can find it at a deal like I did. I have only ridden it five times but I can say that it works well. I will be back with an update as time goes on.

Favorite Trail:   Balm Boyette-North and South Abyss

Purchased At:   e-bikes on ebay

Similar Products Used:   2008 giant yukon hardtail, 2008 giant yukon fx full suspension, tested 2011 specialized stumpjumper 29er,tested 2011 Kona Tanuki full suspension, tested 2010 Cannondale RZ 120 4 full suspension, 90's specialized hardrock, 1993 giant rincon with added front suspension and 1980's bmx bikes before those.

Bike Setup:   stock setup. see details at http://www.marinbikes.com/2010/bike_specs.php?serialnum=1674

Submitted by jdeejay a Weekend Warrior from Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2009

Strengths:    Solid bike. Handles very well and the Marin rear suspension system is excellent!

Weaknesses:    Truvativ crank setup from factory. Factory tires.

Bottom Line:
A fabulous bike for the money. The 5.7 and 5.8 versions have some better components but for a bike in this price range the 5.6 is great. It is a little heavy compared to some others in the same category (Trek, Rocky Mountain) but on the trail it feels very quick, and gives great confidence in the corners! I have only had it a few weeks and love it! I spent a lot of time researching new bikes in this price/category and this was the winner!

Favorite Trail:   Ones with dirt