Kinley SX XC Full Suspension

Brakes: Shimano Deore Hydraulic Disc Brakes
F/R Derailleur: Shimano XT

Submitted by james a Cross Country Rider from provo, utah, usa

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2007

Strengths:    good components-reasonable pricing

Weaknesses:    lack of costumer support (seems like Benno is running a one man band and can't keep up with the pace of consumer need)
broke frame after 1 1/2 years of regular cross country riding! I am still waiting to hear back from Kinley so they can send me a new frame, as outlined in their warranty!

Bottom Line:
I have been riding for quite some time and took a chance on an unknown company. The allure of good components pulled me into taking this risk. I'm hoping that the crack ( a complete clean brake of the top tube where it joins the verticle saddle tube) will be resolved by the company who states :" We at Kinley stand behind our products and are certain of customer satisfaction." I am still waiting to hear back from Kinley so they can send me a new frame, as outlined in their warranty! I've attempted to contact them and always get a phone machine and I have not received a return call from my multiple phone calls and emails. NADA, nary a word....they are very responsive to taking your money and sending you their product...so far, they've not (Benno) responded to my queries about making good on their warranty. There are some other suspicions i have on where their frames are being made and their quality...more on this later after I dig up some facts. I'll update this, as soon as they contact me.

Favorite Trail:   blackhawk

Purchased At:   directly from kinley

Similar Products Used:   Fischer, k2, others

Bike Setup:   full XTR package...recently discovered a weak frame.

Submitted by Robert a Cross Country Rider from New Braunfels, Tx

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2006

Strengths:    components, workmanship, strength, balance

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
great bike at a great price! been riding for the past 8 years; schwinn with no shocks, fisher with front shocks, and now, kinley full sus.; you cannot beat this bike with stock setup for the money spent. i weigh 205 and can put a bike through the wringer. my first full suspension and it's a hoot. Benno, thanks much for the bike and service. you have a fan here. the jissus has the FX and has left feedback also.

rs

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   schwinn high plains, fisher big sur

Bike Setup:   stock- see kinleybikes website

Submitted by Gary Mead a Cross Country Rider from Dallas, TX USA

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2006

Strengths:    The frame on this bike is really outstanding. The precision welds are equal to many bikes that cost much more. The component group is what really got my attention and prompted me to buy this bike. The true strength of this company is its owner (Benno), he genuinely wants every purchaser of a Kinley bike to be totally satisfied and he personally sees to every detail of your purchase from shipping your bike to ansering your your every question. Their service and their commitment to their customers is top rate and makes me very proud to own one of their SX bicycles.

Weaknesses:    I can't really speak of weaknesses when I compare Kinley to other bikes in its class. I wanted a mountain bike for under $1200.00 that I would be both satisfied with and proud to own. I got so much more with the SX Kinley.

Bottom Line:
I could take this bike and improve it in a few areas by spending more money for higher priced components. You know what?, for a bike that will go anywhere I can conjure up the guts to travel into and hope to get out of, it feels really suite and hassle free. I plan to ride this bike for some time and I can only hope that Kinley will grow and produce better and better bikes that will earn them the respect that its founder deserves. Kinley, guys!!!!! how about some accessory items. A jursey, a hat, something!

Favorite Trail:   I have many

Purchased At:   Direct from Kinley

Similar Products Used:   GT 1.0 I-Drive, Giant, Specialized FSR

Bike Setup:   The bike has a really great component group. I weigh 200 lbs and I was very concerned about the ability to set the bike up for my weight. The bike was a dream, I don't have a great deal of knowledge with setting up dual suspension in current times. I got into mountain biking back in the 90's and back into it more recently and ----------- well the Kinley was a breeze to adjust to my comfort and weight.

Submitted by Félix Lamothe a Cross Country Rider from Montréal, Québec, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
Great Bike, Benno is realy cool. The bike is bether than i expected. Thnaks again.

Submitted by Rob a Weekend Warrior from Palm Bay, Florida

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2006

Strengths:    Frame and components are excellent. The frame is well built with clean welds and flawless coating. The overall weight was pretty good.The bike took less than an hour to put together and came with all the manuals for every component on the bike. I was skeptic of ordering a bike without actually seeing it first hand but when it arrived I was not worried about it any more.

Weaknesses:    I thought that the tires could use an upgrade. It really is dependant on where you ride though. I prefer a knobbied tire to the ones the bike was equipped with.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the price. Expect to pay 400-500$ more for something just as nice. Give this bike a chance and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Trail:   Ft. Pierce

Purchased At:   Kinley Bikes

Similar Products Used:   GT, A couple of friends of mine that ride Trek and Santa Cruz bikes said that it was a great buy.

Bike Setup:   Kinley SX

Submitted by Quentin a Racer from Orlando, Florida

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2006

Strengths:    i can't say enough about this bike, put together in about an hour, tuned it for my weight, and on every terrain it performs great. set correctly the bike won't pogo a bit, unless your into a really soft set up.

Weaknesses:    so far i have yet to find one.

Bottom Line:
The bike eats every jump, bump, and drop off and asks for more! I priced many other bikes of the same type, I simply got more bang for my buck buying a Kinley!

Purchased At:   www.kinleybikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Gary Fisher

Bike Setup:   205lb rider*
front has 22 psi, set for almost full unlock compression.
rear at 24 psi, set to almost full turtle or almost closed compression. Do spend time getting this set right for your weight and the type of ride you need.

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2006

Strengths:    Affective component set, Cost, Looks

Weaknesses:    Only one I found was lack of cleats with pedals

Bottom Line:
Excellent choice for someone looking at getting into XC on a budget. Communication with Kinley is quick and accurate. 100+ miles in 3 weeks and nothing but good times.

BTW you can use Shimano SPD (SM-SH51) cleats with the VP pedals.

Purchased At:   eBay-Kinley store