Kinley FX XC Full Suspension

Brakes: Shimano LX V- Brakes
F/R Derailleur: Shimano XT

Submitted by yeahbike a Cross Country Rider from Earth

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2010

Strengths:    Fails at everything else besides being a suburban cruiser.

Weaknesses:    Cheap and poorly design frame built with semi-quality components to sell the rest of the bike.
Frame cracks, warranty cost buyer money
Extremely Heavy
Stock parts (pedals, chain, bolts, chain rings, cassette. etc) tend to rust when left outside even in dry climate of the rocky mountains.
Very bad for trail use or any other off road use.

Bottom Line:
Would not purchase even if you could (Company ran out of business the previous year).

This rig rides like crap.

Poor customer service and very hard to reach owner. Warranty for cracked frame apparently requires owner to shell out another $200 to get it replaced.

Glad this company does not exist so it doesn't rip off others.

Purchased At:   Kinleybicycle. om

Similar Products Used:   First kiddy bike, KHS, etc.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for cassette, chain, pedals, handlebar.

Submitted by james from provo, utah, usa

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2007

Strengths:    price

Bottom Line:
http:See my review on kinely frames:
//www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_suspension/product_125511.shtml

Purchased At:   directly from kinley

Submitted by Arvs a Cross Country Rider from Jackson, WY, Teton

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2007

Strengths:    hasn't totally fallen apart yet.

Weaknesses:    does not descend well. bad cable design, had to change the cables 3 times and I have only had it a year. Have problems with cassette and derailers (4 bikes shops could not fix it).

Bottom Line:
Piece of Sh*T! Do not buy unless you use it as a commuter bike or ride once a month.

Bike Setup:   xt front/rear deraileur, stock. (Not worth upgrading)

Submitted by Keone Wilkes a Weekend Warrior from Ventura,CA

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2006

Strengths:    Price and components.

Bottom Line:
This is the best dual suspension bike you can find for under $800.00

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   GT Avalanche

Submitted by JD a Weekend Warrior from Portland, ME USA

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2006

Strengths:    Lightweight, rides nice. Customer service is great, when contacting the company (phone & email) I was dealing directly with the owner.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike for the money, good components, sharp looking ride! Must be assembled and I would suggest an immediate tuneup but it is worth it for the value

Purchased At:   Kinleybikes.com

Bike Setup:   Full Suspension Kinley FX

Submitted by Katie a Weekend Warrior from New Braunfels, Tx.

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2006

Strengths:    components, balance, workmanship

Weaknesses:    none encountered

Bottom Line:
great bike for a great price! Kinley is a start up and they're doing things right. great communication throughout the sale and follow up. thanks Benno!

ks.

Favorite Trail:   yes

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   schwinn high plains, fisher hkek

Bike Setup:   stock-see kinleybikes website

Submitted by Gary a Weekend Warrior from Duluth, GA

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2006

Strengths:    Parts, paint, price. Looks rich and much more expensive than it is.

Bottom Line:
I'm very happy with the Kinley. It's a beautiful bike, well built, great parts for the cost! The single pivot suspension is a little bit simple, but simple is good, too. Overall, a great bike.

Submitted by Dana Mohr a Cross Country Rider from Saco, Maine, USA

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2006

Strengths:    Price, Price, Price!!! XT components, great dual suspension frame, responsiveness, good fork and rear suspension, paint job, and above all....PRICE, PRICE, PRICE!!!

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
There is absolutley no better deal on the net or in stores than this bike and the rest of the Kinley line. Benno rules! He goes out of his way to answer all of your questions and has put together an incredible product for us to reap the benefits from. It's one of the lightest bikes I've ever ridden and handles very, very well. The fork is raked out comparitively far, so this thing is out of a turn as soon as it's in one! Great for single tracking or getting out of a bind. The frame is very rugged with a great paint job, not cheap or prone to chips, I think it's a powder coated job... They did a great job on all the welds and cutting out unnecessary weight on the frame production, you can tell it's a new company that cares about their bikes. The best part is that they didn't skimp on the front derailleur. Rocky Mountain, Giant, Trek, etc. all have bikes with an XT in the rear but none have an XT in the front too! They cheap out with a Deore or the such, but here you have the best combo. This bike is easily worth three times what you pay! I've pushed this bike VERY hard in the time that I've had it and it hasn't even flinched!!

Favorite Trail:   Mountain Trail in Windham

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   GT, Giant, Gary Fisher, Rocky Mountain

Bike Setup:   All factory, only add ons were toe-clips.

Submitted by Troy a Weekend Warrior from Tampa

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2006

Strengths:    This bike has top of the line parts on it. It is also light weight and handles well on rugged terrain.

Weaknesses:    I think the pedals could be a bit bigger or have better grip on your feet.

Bottom Line:
I am very satisfied with the overall product. This bike is exactly what I was looking for with perfomance parts at an affordable price. The Kinley FX looks great and feels great on challenging terrain. I was most satisfied with the costomer service I recieved. They went well out of their way to answer all my questions and to make sure I was happy with their product. I have no doubts that Kinley will have future success with their business. Thanks Kinley.

Purchased At:   kinleybikes.com

Bike Setup:   Full suspension

Submitted by Lou a Weekend Warrior from Las Cruces, NM USA

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2006

Strengths:    Name brand adjustable suspension, shift components and it's even light. Great dollar to component ratio (especially comapired to local vendors).

Weaknesses:    None noticed.

Bottom Line:
Get bike for the price. I just need to ride to work and for fun (and exercise). I have zero need for hydralic brakes and feather light frames. I'm not even that hard on the suspension, well at 200lbs I'm not very easy on it either.

Favorite Trail:   I didn't know I had to choose one

Purchased At:   eBay

Bike Setup:   Uncrated it and bolted it together. I had to get tire slime, but all desert residents know that. 30 minutes and I was out for a test ride and I have not messed with it again.

Submitted by Jay Walling a Weekend Warrior from Carrollton

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2006

Strengths:    Solid as hell and very light! Good warranty. The best componets on a f/s w/o breaking the bank.

Weaknesses:    havent found any yet. Not too many people know about Kinley.

Bottom Line:
I did quite a bit of research before getting a bike and lots of people told me to stay away from single rear pivot designs like this b/c they are unstable but this bike is as solid as any! and if it ever did wearout w/i 5 yrs i have piece of mind with the warranty. Highly reccomended. A++++

Favorite Trail:   Grapevine

Purchased At:   Kindley on ebay

Submitted by Thomas Watkin a Weekend Warrior from Little River, NC US

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2006

Strengths:    Moderately priced; extremely well-made; good product support.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Would by from Kinley again.

Favorite Trail:   Slick Rock, Dupont Forest

Purchased At:   Kinley Bicycles

Bike Setup:   Very little required. Arrived with only minor assembly required.

2005 giant reign 2(with mods) vs 2009 giant yukon fx

ok so i'm in looking for a good all mountainbike, something that i can use to go around town but also hit some jumps but mostly hit the trails with. on craigs i found two bikes that interest me, a 2005 giant reign 2 with fox suspesion and and raceface cranks, this bike is for sale for $750. the othe ... Read More »

2012 Trek FX 7.5 or Giant 2013 Escape 0

Looking for an all around bike for cruising. Found both of these. The Trek is 50 less. Any suggestions? They are willing to put same size tire on Trek so I can go on light trails. Thanks in advance.Read More »

2012 Giant Yukon FX upgrade advice

I am looking to upgrade the front fork and the wheelset/tires. I'd like to shave a little weight off this bike. Can anyone give me recommendations. I'd like to spend less than 600 total. ThanksRead More »

Yukon FX?

Hey guys, have had my Giant Rincon 2010 small for about 1 1/2 years and I am already way too big for it. I like to ride the road a lot but preferably I ride mountain. The only sub 1000$ bike with full suspension that is decent I've found is the Giant Yukon FX. It retails for about 1050$ but could pr ... Read More »

2011 Giant Yukon FX

Hi, I've been riding my 2011 Giant Yukon fx for a while now. I want to upgrade my suspension. I don't know much about upgrades. I've been looking on craiglist for a used fork and rear shock. Was wondering if this was a good deal, and would this fit my Giant? [url=http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bi ... Read More »