K2 Bike Razorback SL XC Full Suspension

Submitted by deakinsmith a Cross Country Rider from Winston-Salem, NC, US

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2010

Strengths:    Light, laser-like handling, unique design, very little bobbing, feels very stiff for any weight bike, and attractive even though I don't usually like anything loud. Weighs 25 lbs. with added tubes, water bottle cage, wider tires, and heavier rear brake.

Weaknesses:    Good luck finding Noleen shocks so get a rebuild kit while you can. Separate seatstay needed to fit Fox shock. Sid has a little flex, especially when braking.

Bottom Line:
I wanted to get back into mountain biking as I had been riding every day in high school about 9 years back and it is my favorite excercise. I had been riding a Trek 9900 and had a Gary Fisher Level Betty freeride bike that is kind of a joke if I think about it now, although it was fun. I didn't want a hardtail as I like traction on rooty uphills and saw this bike and fell in love with the design. I can't imagine it getting much better than this bike. I have ridden a couple of higher end bikes but this handles like it is on rails. Little to no upgrades are needed when buying a bike like this. No bike (or anything for that matter) is perfect for everything and this could use a little more suspension up front but I know I made a good decision.

Favorite Trail:   Hobby Park

Similar Products Used:   Trek 9900 hardtail (10 years ago).

Bike Setup:   Sid Race Ti, Formula brake, Mavic Crossmax UST, Specialized Fast Trak LK tires, Race Face Turbine cranks, XTR shifting parts except XT front derailleur, carbon seatpost/ handlebar, and egg beaters.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!