Intense Spider 2 XC Full Suspension

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

DesignedTo beThe ultimate marathon-trail bike-aggressive XC,TheIntense Spider 2 builds uponThe outstanding characteristics ofTheSpider series.The new 2nd generation VPP suspension system provides aplush and efficient actuation with adjustableTravel, 4.5"-5".Thesuspension links and pivots have been reworkedTo use a custom maxbearing, allowingThe bikeToTrack straight, provide seamlesssuspension activation and handle as if it was on rails. Maintenance isvery easy dueToThe Zerk fittings atThe pivots

Submitted by Disco a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2013

Strengths:    Geometry - This bike seems to extract more confidence than your ability might provide! I'm serious; you know this bike has a gravity pedigree as soon as you point it at a trail. Probably one of the best balanced bikes I’ve ridden, very progressive.
Traction whilst braking and climbing is ridiculously good although it pays to be seated whilst slogging the hills, but I think that’s the same with any full suspension.

Weaknesses:    Price, undoubtedly this is a quality frame, as any bike mechanic will tell you, but if you have your sights on a “new bike” then you’re going to need to dig deep, with this costing you twice that of a trek etc equivalent. Although I believe the spider does have the edge in the ride.
Mud clearance at the rear is tight, if you like running fat tyres in the winter then you might have issues, I ran 2.1’s and haven’t an issue.

Bottom Line:
Many bikes riden, many bikes owned, but this one stands out and makes me grin every time. My tip would be score a deal with a bike shop or buy 2nd hand. Couple it with a good wheel/tyre set and good brakes (you'll need them) you can't go wrong.

Duration Product Used:   3 years

Purchased At:   Rock and Road

Similar Products Used:   Trek EX9, Spec Rockhopper, Jeklle

Submitted by inkisink

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2012

Strengths:    Quality build oozes character, pretty light, pretty tough, pretty good looking (I got the works red).

Weaknesses:    Because of the confidence this has given I am already thinking about upgrading to a Tracer !

Bottom Line:
I have had an absolute blast on this frame so far. Its built up with DTSwiss EXM130 fork and DTSwiss M1800 wheel set so its on the heavier end of XC and this instills me with confidence. Not a bad word to say but I am left wondering how much better a Tracer 2 would be!!! Hmm maybe next year!

Submitted by Rick O'Shay a Cross Country Rider from Pacifica, California, USA

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2010

Strengths:    Very smooth ride. Good climbing efficiency. Handles wonderfully and I'm able to ride things on this bike I've never been able to ride before.

Weaknesses:    Derailleur hanger bends easily. (order an extra one) I go through the entire rear shock travel pretty regularly even though I'm running slightly less sag than recommended.

Bottom Line:
My main bike for the last few years has been a Titus Racer-X. It's a fun bike but I wanted something with a little more travel and a smoother ride. I originally was Considering a Blur LT or a Mojo. I tried out each and while they were nice, I had some reservations. The Blur rode nicely but it just didn't quite feel right. With the Mojo, I didn't like the idea of paying that much for a frame made in some faceless Chinese plant. The Spider 2 is a VPP bike and I really liked the feel of it. It's also manufactured a few hundred miles away from where I live. Not only am I supporting my country with this purchase, I'm also supporting my (nearly bankrupt) state.

The bike has a really nice ride. It's quite different from my Racer-X and at first took some getting used to. The center of gravity is a little further back so I don't have to pull myself so far forward in the saddle during steep climbs. Also, with the more slack head angle, I don't go OTB as much. (thankfully)

I'm only giving it 4 chilies on the value rating because not long after I bought it, Intense lowered the price of the frame by a couple hundred bucks. It would have been nice if they or the bike shop offered to reimburse me some of the difference. I also broke the bank on the components which made me poor for a while.

Favorite Trail:   it depends

Seatpost: Thompson
Grips: Ergon

Submitted by ValleyRacer a Cross Country Rider from Chico, CA

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2009

Strengths:    This is a modern well made full suspension bike. The frame top tube length provides for a great fit in the rider cockpit.

Weaknesses:    While competent in all areas, its not best of class in terms of frame stiffness or suppleness. Limited colors. Does not completely surpass bikes from competing brands.

Bottom Line:
Here is a fairly expensive XC bike; but no more than carbon frame equivalent bikes. The frame is strong and stiff but not class leading. The bike is sensibly light. Riding the full XT equipped bike, the response to pedal input lacked a good degree of responsiveness suggesting Intense had not achieved a really rigid frame and rear triangle set up. The suspension works well set up for correct rider weights (etc) but was no better than good. The bike can be set up for a great fit with stem, bars, seat post etc - but misses the mark by a full notch in terms of BB stiffness and those liking a strong downtube feel. Those contemplating a purchase are advised to take a comprehensive test ride.

Favorite Trail:   All X-country riding terrain

Purchased At:   Intense Demo Days in

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz BLUR, Giant Anthem, Marin Quad, Specialized, Cannondale, Fuji, GT

Bike Setup:   Tried full XT version and a Shimano SLX drivetrain, XT wheels, Kenda tires, mostly Titec hardware, XTR shifters

Watch Squatters Online | Watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Online

[h=2]Watch Squatters Online | Watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Online[/h][h=2]Watch Squatters Online | Watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Online[/h][h=2]Watch Squatters Online | Watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Online[/h][h=2]Watch Squatters Online | Watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Online[/h][h=2]Watch Squat ... Read More »

Watch Neighbors and spider man 2 full movie

Watch Neighbors and spider man 2 full movie Their animosity of agnosticism are justified. Kelly passes it all off as her adolescent accepting a active imagination. But anon Colton starts absolute facts about the fami-ly he has never been privvy to; things he would never accept accepted unless anyon ... Read More »

Release story of The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Release story of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [url=https://drive.google.com/forms/d/1yLXR8rBm1cHDSTRBL9EMbXGxMyjjYxfU804QLRPMIIw/viewform]Full HD Hollywood Movie - The Amazing Spider-Man 2[/url] [url=http://theamazingspiderman2now.wordpress.com/]Full HD Hollywood Flick - The Amazing Spider-Man 2[/url] ... Read More »

It is free Here The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Movie Online Video

It is free Here The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Movie Online Video [url=https://drive.google.com/forms/d/1yLXR8rBm1cHDSTRBL9EMbXGxMyjjYxfU804QLRPMIIw/viewform]In Famous List The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Movie[/url] [url=http://theamazingspiderman2now.wordpress.com/]Movie The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Amazing To W ... Read More »

Intense Spider 29er Comp OR Santa Cruz Tallboy 2?

Hi, I'm kindly asking for input and opinions on these two relatively comparable 29" Carbon Frame Bikes and hoping the mtbr community could help. I've been riding the Santa Cruz Blur for some time now and really like their VPP Design and would like to continue on that path for my first 29er. ... Read More »