GT IDXC 2.0 XC Full Suspension

• Saddle: SDG Satellite
  • Seat Post: SL Alloy Micro adjust

Submitted by everett71 a Cross Country Rider from Santa Monica

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2009

Strengths:    Climbs well. Decent enough components. Durable enough to handle the epic rides.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. I think it's under rated. I just bought a new Stumpjumper but I'm keeping this for backup. And it's very good backup.

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Johannesburg

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2006

Strengths:    Great handling on singletrack, awesome discs.

Weaknesses:    Creeks like a frog, Top tube broke, dog bone bolts sheared off.

Bottom Line:
Great bike could be stonger. Omnico gave me a idxc 3.0 as a repacement thanks for the great service

Similar Products Used:   KHS crest, GT idrive 3.0(old design) Marin palisades trail, GT IdXC3.0

Bike Setup:   Manitou black fork, shimano lx deore mix, richey rims,maxiss tyres

Submitted by Mike from Jenks, OK

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2006

Strengths:    modified URT, component spec for the $$$

Weaknesses:    creaks in the BB/swingarm area - regreased and they are quiet again

Bottom Line:
Climbs very well, can run a taller gear and get out of the saddle if need be - don't have to sit and spin the bike up a climb. Rebound damping on the Float definetly welcome - URTs can stinkbug. Swapped out the tires for Mibro's w/ Stan's...changed the character of the bike from trail to XC. Not bad for 1200 - plan to race it in sport class.

Purchased At:   thebicycleoutlet.com

Similar Products Used:   Rush, Maestro, old Raleigh pseudo 4-bar

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Michael a Cross Country Rider from Philadelphia

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2006

Strengths:    Cost, design, components, and weight.

Weaknesses:    Rims and fork.

Bottom Line:
Excellent deal at 1200 and under. Not so good for retail considering the fact that it is a 2005. There are some inherent problems with the rock shox duke forks as far as soft bushings. They wear down overtime and require rebuild. Not real fix is known to exist as far as rebuilt kits having firm bushings. This is not a major issue but I think they may wear out and require a rebuild in 2 to 3 years. I am used to marzocchi and they do not have this specific problem. I am basing my diss on the rims on the other reviews I have read on this site. I have not had a problem with them beyond a few dents, scratches, one broken spoke (my fault), and a re-truing of the back wheel (spoke). I have to knock the Julie breaks too. The calipers are plastic. I am just not comfortable with that.

On the up side the bike is very plush and rides fast. It shreds technical rocky sections (very common in my area) with relative ease. I am pretty hard on this bike and avoid most maintenance unless something breaks so if you find yourself in that camp then this may be a bike for you. The rear shock is simple and works well. No leaks or squeaks. The crank is holding up fine considering I have no rock ring and use the big ring as a rock ring. The stock tires do great on granular or damp terrain. No major issues at this point and the front fork lockout is a welcomed upgrade.

Great bike for a 1100 to 1400 dollar price range.

Purchased At:   http://www.thebicycleoutlet.com

Similar Products Used:   Giant raineer, specialized s-works, and cannondale scapel.

Bike Setup:   FS XC I-Drive. 4inc rear travel.