GT I-Drive XC 2.0 XC Full Suspension

Submitted by lherndon a Cross Country Rider from Canton GA

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2009

Strengths:    Light weight, good components, no bob, climbed good,

Weaknesses:    Sketchy in downhill corners. Frame Broke after four years.

Bottom Line:
This was a good light weight XC bike. I rode it fo 4 years.
After 4 years the top tube broke at the head set. I returned it to Performance Bikes. They contacted GT and one week later they replaced the 2005 XC with a brand new 2009 Marthon!!! Performance swapped out my upgrade parts and had the bike ready to go.
Great customer service from Performance Bikes and GT!!!!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Blanket

Similar Products Used:   Mongoose,

Bike Setup:   SC

Submitted by Mitch a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, az

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2006

Strengths:    **Follow Up to Review Below**

Weaknesses:    **Follow Up to Review Below**

Bottom Line:
**Follow Up to Review Below**

Got a call the next day from Performance Bike, it WASN'T the shock that failed, it was one of the bolts that hold the lower "leaf spring" on-- they replaced it and I re-ran the same route as on Saturday with no issues.

I'm going to rate this bike as 4 Chilis, but I'm putting down 5 Chilis to make up for my low rating from yesterday :)

-Mitch

Favorite Trail:   anything technical

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   **Follow Up to Review Below**

Bike Setup:   **Follow Up to Review Below**

Submitted by Mitch a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2006

Strengths:    Light, good components, plush suspension, very little pedal bob

Weaknesses:    shock failed at 26 miles (rough down hill but no drops bigger than 1.5' or so)

Bottom Line:
I bought an 05 Ironhorse Warrior DS SE as my first real mountain bike, and loved it until I made the "mistake" of riding an 06 Specialized Epic and an 06 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. Then I wanted the Epic because it was so much more efficient going uphill than my Ironhorse. BUT I couldn't swing the $2200+tax price tag of the Epic.

I ran across a new-old-stock 04 GT I-Drive XC 2.0 at Performance for $1109, minus 10% coupon, plus tax for $1078 out the door. I swapped on my usual tires/pedals/saddle and took it for a spin-- very happy with how well it climbed and how little pedal bob it had.

Yesterday I did a more aggressive ride at South Mountian (Mormon Trail up to National, then back down Mormon, a pretty rough trail). The bike definately doesn't soak up hits like the 5" travel Ironhorse, but it sure climbed the rough stuff easier without wanting to wheelie over backwards. On the way back down the suspension started clunking real bad-- the rear shock "top out" had failed. I dropped the bike off at Performance yesterday evening, still waiting to see what they will do to repair the shock.

I will post when my bike gets fixed and I put a few more miles on it.

Favorite Trail:   anything technical

Similar Products Used:   05 Ironhorse Warrior DS SE

Bike Setup:   stock except tires / pedals / saddle

Submitted by matias a Weekend Warrior from buenos aires, Argentina

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2005

Strengths:    brakes, the front susp,very smoth, weight, very good components

Weaknesses:    non

Bottom Line:
the rear suspencion , there is no bob, is very easy to setup, and climbs like a mountain goat.thr truvativ stylo cracks are exelent.

Purchased At:   charly a

Similar Products Used:   trek fuel 7

Bike Setup:   out of the box

Submitted by Darren from Manassas, Va, USA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Strengths:    Super light, almost bunny-hops by its self. Great use of off the shelf drive line. Standard LX cranks, XT Rear. Hydraulic disc brakes (Julie).

Weaknesses:    TIRES...What where they thinking? I washed out THREE TIMES on the first ride out.

Bottom Line:
In my market area (northern Va.) there are ten thousand places to buy ten thousand different makes and models. I might be too green to give this opinion of the bike but from what I could find for $1500.00, it's more than I expected. Great job GT. The bike sticks to the trail like paint, climbs fast, flies down-hill and screams through single-track.

Favorite Trail:   Fountain Head

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Looked hard at Specialized FSR disc, and Gary Fisher Cake.

Bike Setup:   Standard LX cranks, XT Rear. Hydraulic disc brakes (Julie).