Gravity Bikes DS FSX 2.0 XC Full Suspension

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

All DS FSX Full Suspension mountain bikes feature Advanced Aluminum frames with a Hydroformed tubes, advanced single-pivot rear suspension and trail-ready geometry. Features powerful disc brakes and wide range Shimano 24 speed drivetrain for smooth shifting on rough terrain. The plush Suntour suspension fork further smooths the terrain. Advanced lock-out provides maximum efficiency at will.

Submitted by Carlos

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2013

Strengths:    Solid bike you get more that what you pay for I paid around $350. Frame feels of good quality a bit heavy but well made.

Weaknesses:    Cant complain I am not paying premium.

Bottom Line:
The main purpose I bought this bike was for exercise and to be out doors.All the bikes I saw were over $1000 and could not justify the price for my needs. If you plan to you use this bike a bit more aggressive you might want to consider replacing front and rear shocks.

Submitted by David

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2013

Strengths:    Shifts and handles great. I do mostly single trac so I immediately changed the tires to kenda aggressive treads and now I can really Conner and uphill easier. For the buck I keep up with the carbon guys no problem. Suspension is good for my weight so I have no problems to speak about.

Weaknesses:    Not a weakness but I had to tighten up most everything when I got it.

Bottom Line:
Great bike with all the components of a big bucks bike that don't matter so much unless your a pro biker.

Submitted by brian

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2013

Strengths:    the bike is what everyone said, worth the money

Weaknesses:    even if you have a professional tighten everything I still had my rear deraillur go straight into the spokes and now there is a potential for a lot of money that I have to pay if the builder doesnt take the blame for it. I was incredibly stoked for the bike until that whole thing happened to it. 450$ and now the bike is completely inoperable

Bottom Line:
Bike is worth the money just make sure you have a professional tighten and set everything for you.

Submitted by flatlander a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2012

Strengths:    A very decent blke for the price.Perfect for trail riding / fitness here in south florida.Suspension is great for square edge and stutter bumps.Not too bad on moderate jumps.Preload adjustment front and rear is easy to set-up

Weaknesses:    Its a china bike. Mechanical disc brakes are weak. everything is loose when you get this bike delivered...Tighten EVERYTHING.

Bottom Line:
I have ridden a few mountain bikes over the years.all hardtails. For Where I live and what I'm doing now I like this bike the best.Even thou its a cheapee.
This is not a blke to use for competition or aggressive riding..It's just a good all around trail bike,good looks and a comfortable ride.
If i take care of it i think it will last for a long time.I plan on diassembling and greasing/lubing everything this weekend with good quality lubricant,.just to be safe.

Favorite Trail:   Caloosahatchee

Duration Product Used:   20 mi.

Purchased At:   bikesdirect

Similar Products Used:   felt q620 , specialized stump jumper

Bike Setup:   everything had to be checked for tightness. front an rear derailers had to be set-up.

Submitted by John Herbert

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight and smooth shifting if tuned up properly.The disc brakes are excellent.I recommend strongly for the beginner or older athlete with it's 24 gears.Suspension is decent too.

Weaknesses:    You'll need a stiffer front suspension with off-roading.

Bottom Line:
I'm 53 years old and this bike is all me!I can fly down hill on this bike and stop on a dime,or veer hard with it in handling.Going up hill ,if you got the leg power and the lungs it'll do it.$1200 MSRP?I paid $329.00 at Bikesdirect.com.I get a lot of compliments on the bike's sleek look too.

Submitted by Ian a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth shimano shifting, powerful breaks, decent suntour front suspension, nice stock suntour crank, easy on the eyes, the full suspension makes for a smooth ride

Weaknesses:    Rear coil shock is cheap, tires, frame

Bottom Line:
Overall this is a nice bike. What are you going to do on it? Me some light trail riding and paved pathes as well. So it meets my needs. Pretty much most of the parts are of reputable quality. But I wouldn't do any real aggressive trail riding on this bike. The rear coil spring shock is pretty cheap. And the single pivot rear wouldn't take an impact. The MSRP of $1199 is bogus as well. Several retailers I took it to priced it between $600-$700. Which is still cool considering I paid less than four. The frame is light and sleek. I like it because it's unique. If you are gonna trail ride definetly put some more aggressive tread on. I personally don't mind the street/trail tread but be careful on the trail lol

Favorite Trail:   Near seaymour cray BLVD river