Gary Fisher Procaliber XC Full Suspension

Procaliber is a race-ready ride that's at home anywhere there's dirt. It boasts Fisher's beautiful 6066-aluminum single-pivot suspension frame that keeps this sweet dualie light, low-maintenance and very easy to tune to your weight, favorite trails and riding style. Plus, the gossamer RockShox SID fork handles anything the trail throws at you. Shimano/SRAM/Avid/Bontrager component mix ensures flawless braking and shifting and top-notch reliability.

Submitted by GaryJarvis a Cross Country Rider from Asheville, NC, USA

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2010

Strengths:    Super fast!!! Incredible on climbs as well!!

Weaknesses:    NONE!!

Bottom Line:
If you want a straight ahead XC bike, look NO FURTHER!!!! Super light and super strong!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   ANYTHING IN PISGAH!!

Purchased At:   L.B.S.

Similar Products Used:   Fisher Sugar Team, Fisher Sugar 2+

Bike Setup:   Reba world cup fork, 2011 Fox RP23, Sram X-O group

Submitted by bradski a Racer from Ohio

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2008

Strengths:    Light, great handling, looks nice

Weaknesses:    cable routing

Bottom Line:
This is the best race bike I have ever owned. The G2 geometry is worlds better than the original genesis. Handling is off the charts! The frame is lateraly stiff and my complete bike weighs under 22lbs! I have been racing Gary Fisher Bikes for 8 years and this is by far the best one yet! Bike is plush yet efficient, great for short and long races. Frame is strong and reliable.

Favorite Trail:   Mohican State Forest

Purchased At:   Dalesbikeshop.com

Similar Products Used:   Raceday Procaliber, several Gary Fisher Sugars, Trek Fuel

Bike Setup:   Stans ztr race, fsa k force lite crank, full sram xo with xtr cassette, stans rotors.

Submitted by bingbang a Racer from Bromont, Quebec, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight. Compare to what Mountain Bike Magazine said about being too heavy, mine came at 22.5lbs with eggbeater Ti pedals. Near perfect handling. Very stable at high speed and very agile at low speed.

Weaknesses:    Cable routing for the rear derailleur goes on the chainstay and make it difficult to use any neoprene protector, especially since the chainstay is made of carbon.

Bottom Line:
I was in the market for either a Spec. Epic, Yeti AS-R, Scott Spark, Giant Anthem. When I came across that deal I could not resist. I demo'd both the Procaliber and the Hi Fi ProCarbon at the same time. It was very close but the better handling quality at high and low speed made the Procaliber best suited for my needs. It is lighter then my Scalpel Team, climbs much better. Not as smooth on small bumps but transition from sitting to standing is such that I never stood so much and push without additional efforts. I was in a small criterium race last night and felt so fast. It was in very tight wood trails with roots, rocks and no staight lines. I didn't made the podium but the Procaliber certainally got a gold medal in handling performance.

Favorite Trail:   It's a secret

Purchased At:   Demo at my LBS

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Jekel, Scalpel, Rush. Yeti 575, Intense 5.5, Klein Palomino...

Bike Setup:   Stock so far, at 22.5lbs there is not a lot to go. I will probably change the flat bar for a low riser to get more leverage.

Submitted by Jon a Cross Country Rider from Toronto, Ontario Canada

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2008

Strengths:    Build quality is fantastic, the components are all top of the line. There is a lowered top tub which is good from ones groin when on the trail (more clearance is so appreciated). The brakes stop on a DIME! Super light, even with all the components it is still lighter than my old hard tail

Weaknesses:    Came with a crappy s-line rear shock, don't like it too much other than it makes for a comfortable ride. I also swapped out the Rock Shocks fork with a Fox rl-100 which has made this bike ridiculous amazing. I also had my rear cassette (sram X.0) break on the first ride, which was replaced by the manufacturer right away.

Bottom Line:
I recommend that you get this bike if you never plan to get another bike again. it just is that good. The bike is so light that you can accelerate light a mad man. Climbs very well, but still takes the technical know how to get this bike up a steep bit. Descending is also very strong. The brakes are brilliant, so sticky and strong that you forget that you can stop shorter than you use to on v-brakes. This bike turns and maneuvers brilliantly due to the weight, and it cleans really easily after a dirty ride (thought I would mention that). Lots of carbon fiber bits come stock, that look great. The Brake handles have adjustable travel to suite ones needs. I love this bike.

Purchased At:   Cycle Solutions (beaches)

Similar Products Used:   Fisher's Hi-fi Deluxe, Rocky Mountain (50t), Specialized Epic

Bike Setup:   Fox Rl - 100 front fork, Crank brothers pedels, and everything else is stock

Submitted by Jason Dion a Cross Country Rider from Auburn NH

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2008

Strengths:    This bike is a very nice bike it handles like a dream and upgrade from the earlier models. It is equipped with all X.O shimano components.It also has the all new Rock Shox Sid World Cup. There is alot of adjustments that you can do on the fly.

Weaknesses:    The problem is that i went from a Trek Fuel EX.8 tothis and bolth diffrent bikes. It sways inthe back alot like it is going to snap but it takes some getting used to.

Bottom Line:
I think that the bike is great and i love it but if you are a mean rider i suggest the Trek EX.8 is is tougher. The other thing is the paint scratches easily but is still nice looking. The bike is soo light it is almost too light it does a wheelie when you don't want it too. But a wonderful bike i recommend it strongly.

Favorite Trail:   Fireline