Gary Fisher Cake 1 XC Full Suspension

• Shimano M750 XT rear derailleur
  • Bontrager Race Disc Specific wheelsystem

Submitted by Paul a Cross Country Rider from Louisville, KY

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2007

Strengths:    amazing frameset and the spv shock works beautifully, even for a clydesdale

Weaknesses:    makes my GF Sugar just sit and collect dust

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. Frame geometry seems perfect for me. Climbs like a goat and floats over the bumps. Would never buy one with stock components, but set up the way I want it never dissapoints.

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ disc

Bike Setup:   truvativ stylo crank, gigapipe max ti bb, crank bros candy, all sram x.o twist drivetrain, crossmax Xl wheelset, chris king hs, manitou minute 2:00, Thompson setback sp, selle italia saddle, bontrager stem and hbar, avid juicy seven 6" disc.

Submitted by Greg a Weekend Warrior from Houston, TX USA

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2007

Strengths:    Super super quick. Very responsive. Perfect cockpit for me. Shocks. Other components.

Weaknesses:    Brake system doesn't seem to work perfectly. Impossible to get any adjustment on the front.

Bottom Line:
I'm about as anal as they come so everything has to be perfect. That said, I have never felt this comfortable on any bike... scratch that... anyTHING! I wish I was a better mechanic. Having a nice bike means having a bike that needs a little more attention.

Favorite Trail:   Wombe

Purchased At:   Simpson's Sport in Tyler, TX

Similar Products Used:   Trek 4500

Bike Setup:   Right out of the box.

Submitted by allen laneville a Weekend Warrior from lakeland, fl, 33805

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2006

Strengths:    Agile.

Weaknesses:    Everyone would like a lighter. I didn't care for the stock saddle right out of the box.

Bottom Line:
I have no complaints because this bike got the parts needed to make it lighter before leaving the store. I upgraded from V-brakes to disc. This is my only complaint. I should have gone with the Avid Juicy's. I have not had good luck with the Hayes.
If I went with the stock bike I would not have been happy! Make sure you have a little extra cash in your budget for upgrades to make your ride what you want it to be.

Favorite Trail:   Alafia / T.O.E.

Purchased At:   Bicycles Etc (Jacksonville, FL)

Similar Products Used:   2001 Cannondale Raven 3000.

Bike Setup:   Oury grips, Easton Monkey Lite XC bars, Bontrager Race Lite tubeless rims, Bontrager carbon seat post, WTB Pure V saddle, Manitou Minute shocks, Hayes Nine brakes.