Funk La Ruta XC Full Suspension

The La Ruta is just what the all around XC rider is looking for. We could go on and on about the La Ruta but we feel it's better to direct you to our customers who do a great job describing the features and benefits of the bike.

Submitted by dahmanator a Cross Country Rider from Lakewood, CO USA

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2011

Strengths:    Titanium
Customer Care

Weaknesses:    None - Seriously, None.

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased at Funk La Ruta (size Large) as an ‘upgrade’ from my Yeti ASR-SL. I am 6’1” & 170lbs and the size is a perfect fit for me. Going to a 29er made a lot of sense for me for a number of reasons. 1 – Being a taller individual I feel the length and height of the bike made more sense from a fit and handling perspective. 2 – The many of benefits of the 29er in the area of a larger footprint (better traction) and smoother rolling over the larger obstacles made a lot of sense as well. Regarding material, to me, Titanium is the superior material of choice, especially for a XC MTB. Great ride quality coupled with unsurpassed durability, (carbon cannot have this same conversation).

What I have really grown to appreciate about the Funk La Ruta is the craftsmanship, design and attention to detail. Daryl funk, founder of Funk Cycles, is known by many in the biking industry as a thought leader with his bike designs. The La Ruta showcases this to the highest level. A pivot-less full suspension 29er w/ 3” of rear travel all at ~23lbs. Simplicity, Efficiency, Performance & craftsmanship all tied together.

The ride quality of this bike is absolutely amazing. My first rides on this bike were in Moab UT where all I did was smile from ear to ear for 3 days. The geometry, the design and the material all come together to deliver a superior riding experience. I felt like my confidence in handling, balance and speed jumped an entire notch overnight with this bike. I attribute this to the Titanium, design and build-craftsmanship. At times I feel like a 12 year old driving a Ferrari (not that I know what that feels like), but the quality, technology and craftsmanship is far beyond anything that my biking abilities will come close to achieving (unless my wife lets me quit my day job)!

Lastly, Funk Cycles has been around for a number of years, yet I have observed that in the last ~2 years the operations side of the business has grown and really stabilized. The customer service is top notch. Working with Dave is a true pleasure. Being a Colorado Native, and Funk Cycles based here as well, gave me a tremendous amount of comfort in knowing I was investing not just in a top of the line XC bike, but in a well run Colorado based company.

Favorite Trail:   Mt. Falcon