Fuji Reveal 2.0 XC Full Suspension

4.78/5 (9 Reviews)

Sizes S, M, L
Color(s) Matte Bronze
Main frame A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted, integrated head tube, top tube/seat tube gusset, down tube gusset, CNC'D hollow box section BB, water bottle mount
Rear triangle A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted w/ Four Bar linkage system 130m travel, Cold forged dropout with CNC'D disc mount and replaceable hanger, Sealed bearing pivots
Fork Rock Shox Recon 351 Air w/ PopLoc Remote, 130mm Travel
Brake set Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Centerlock rotor
Brake levers Shimano XT
Headset Ritchey Logic Zero Pro 1 1/8" Press Fit Integrated, 30mm spacers
Handlebar TruVativ Team Alloy Riser
Stem TruVativ Team Forged AL 1 1/8"
Tape/grip Fuji Lock-On Kraton rubber
Saddle WTB Silverado Comp
Seat post TruVativ Team DC Forged Al, 350mm
Seat clamp Fuji Superlite Alloy, 34.9mm Laser Etched
Weight, lb./kg. 28.13/12.76

Submitted by Ricky_J

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2015

Strengths:    Price (as of May 2015), Climbing, Quick Turning, Gear Selection, Overall Ride.... Still many available Online for Sale @ more than 50% off!

Weaknesses:    Not Popular, Suspension is a bit Complicated for most, Cockpit a tad confused

Bottom Line:
This bike defies classification. Geometry suggests XC yet 140 mm of travel screams AM. Perhaps It's a more true definition of a Trail Bike. This is NOT a bike for people who hate to experiment and tinker. As of this writing, the fact that you could buy it, throw half of it away, and still come out ahead is a major reason to investigate this bike. I put on a KS dropper and changed the seat and stem. Setting up the fork was easy AFTER I figured out Pos and Neg air settings. The front swallows trail nasties even@ my 205 lb weight. The rear adjustment tends to be a bit subtle bewteen the 3 settings but noticable. The whole bike is deceiving. It's a high quality frame and engineering you might not pick up on at first glance. In sunlight, the fairly plain paint job starts to show off a hidden sparkle -as an example.

Many will look at those 3 chainrings up front and run screaming for the hills. The rest of us... realize MTB is done in a LOT of different settings. As I get teased by the one ring guys on a Fire Road, I grab for that big (42 tooth) ring and revel in the cries fading behind me. I can pull that 32 all day long BUT it is damn nice to be able limp home on the 24 when I'm just too tired and the hill is too steep.

There is a downside... there is a LOT going on at my handlebars. I have the 3 ring front, the Fork Lock, my Speedo, the Dropper, and the 10 spd Rear. Cables and levers everywhere. They ALL get used in an average ride.

The little window on the gear shift is actually useful. As I glance down, I can tell if I'm mid set or running out of gears (calling for a shift up front). BUT, I also have to be aware of whether or not I'll need the High Speed Compression turned off up front (AKA Lock-out). AND, I don't want to be dropping the saddle instead of downshifting because all the levers are near my thumbs.

Ah but get the right settings in your hands and the bike takes off like a rocket. It is a fast steering bike, to say the least. You can quickly bypass Softball sized objects that would slow the bike and blur your vison regardless of wheel size. The beast does climb "through" ugliness when your speed and trajectory are not optimal. The 26" wheels accelerate in tight spaces very nicely. I normally have to run a gear or two higher than my 29" counterparts but I have the leg size for it. And, it's a neat trick to go from track-stand to full-sprint in a mere few feet. (Something extremly hard on a 29")

Point it downhill and you are not left wanting. Arguably, the faster steering requires more attention and technique. Climbing comfort comes with a price. That being said, if you are NOT decending for 30 min at a time, the price is tiny. My BIG size as a bike rider also means I have plenty of arm strength on tap. I'm my own steering dampner.

If you ride a Mt Bike everywhere from the Urban Jungle to the ultra tight woods, you'll love this bike. It gives you options to cope with anything. AND... a fit and finish to keep it all really fun! Would you use this bike to compete at Expert levels? No. Would you be able to "sample" many types of riding safely and with a grin on your face? HELL YES!

The parts spec is a rock-solid mix that works well and can take a lot of abuse. I am built like a Classic American Muscle Car. I produce a LOT of HP at times. I'll notice flex and can get any drivetrain to cry "mercy." This bike is SOLID. I have to be doing VERY BAD things to get the Drivetrain to complain. Most times, I only feel the ratio change not the actual shift itself. This bike allows me to use my power to climb and accelerate.

The bike, as I ride it, with Dropper post and XT Trail pedals comes in @ just over 31 lb. Notably, I won't notice a few pounds extra. UNLESS the weight is in the wheels. This bike "feels" a lot lighter on the trail then other bikes I've tried (at this weight and price). It is very smooth rolling and pedaling and the stock tires work really well on all but pavement. Pavement you feel a "buzz" but in sketchy off-road conditions the tires hook up well.

Bottom Line: You can NOT beat the functionality for this price. If you are bit Old School and/or industrial to your ride approach this bike will give you BIG smiles. It's a "sleeper" for sure and requires rider input at the (many) controls. It's a "versitile" XC/Trail bike built for the rest of us that don't live in Colorado or British Colombia. If you love riding, don't race, and your budget is limited to only one nice bike - this is a top choice. It climbs really well and decends with confidence. A super choice for terrain that really makes you think hard about how namy times you'd clip your bar ends if they were just a tad... Longer.

The bike really deserves a full 5 marks but I had to subtract a bit for having to swap out the not so comfy saddle and 20mm too long stem (I'm 6'1"). FINAL NOTE: Buy the bike by your Seat Post and Top Tube numbers. I got what Fuji calls a "Medium". Another marketing glitch?

Submitted by willie

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2014

Strengths:    geometry, travel, adaptability

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
I am pretty experienced XC rider. Not a racer at this time but get out 1-2 times a week for serious riding. I chose this frame for its adaptability to all my current components and its reviews. Components are Mavic tubeless wheels/tires, Hayes brakes and full XTR. I am very pleased with the final product. It climbs very well, descends fast over the rough stuff and stays planted. The rest is personal preference including feel...I love it.

Submitted by Todd a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2014

Strengths:    Great looking color (Bronze) for MTB. Nice build quality. Stiff, solid feeling frame.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy. Funky "rounded" shaped seat stays.

Bottom Line:
Bought NOS 2009 model off of popular internet shopping sight for bargan basement price. I wasn't really looking for another frame but made a rediculous low offer that was accepted! Luckily I had about half of the components need to build it already, so I built it up as a "stand-by" 3rd bike after buying a fork, crank set, and seat post.

The finished bike came in at about 28.5lbs (my normal XC full susp bike is 25lbs), so it felt kinda heavy lifting it. But once on the trail this bike feels a lot lighter and believe it or not "feel" like it's faster than my normal XC bike. It could be the extra inch of travel (5" vs. 4") that makes it roll through the rough faster? Plus it feel more planted and less flexy than my light-weight XC "race" bike. Overall I'm impressed with the frame and find myself riding it almost as much as my main ride.

The only concerns I have are the questionable rear shock (but it seems to work fine with this frame), and the easy to chip finish/paint. Plus the availibility of support/parts for a 5+ year old frame.

Purchased At:   e

Similar Products Used:   2012 Titus-X (current main ride), 2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX (current 2nd bike), 2003 Jamis Dakar Pro (broke frame), 1995 TREK Y-33 (currently retired but still fully fuctional).

Bike Setup:   Deore Hollow Tec-II cranks, SLX deraleurs, Deore shift/brake levers, Manitou Match Comp 130mm fork, Vuelta Superlite wheels, Ritchy headset, Thompson Elite stem, Race Face seatpost, Avid BB7 brakes, etc...

Submitted by K Bagley a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2013

Strengths:    Geometry - great for fast downhill but excellent for climbing

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I just built up this frame after picking it up as new old-stock from eBay. Had to replace my cracked Rocky Mountain Element which wasn't warranted.

The price on this frame seemed too good to be true so searched for reviews. Found some great comments but not too many so figured I would post. I called my LBS who is a Fuji dealer and got an honest assessment of the frame. Great value, not well know in the MTB world, well built and not one warranty claim at his shop over the last 6 years! Despite not buying it from them, they told me jump on the frame at the price I found it.

I built up the Reveal 2.0 frame with all the components from my Element. Only had to buy a new seatpost. I'm running a Rock Shox Reba in front and was able to remove the spacer and get 115 mm out of it which is close enough to the 130 mm this frame has in the rear. I had previously run on a Fox Float RP23 and was concerned with the Ario 2.2 but was excited for the 5 inches of travel.

Three hard rides into the new build I simply love this frame. It is noticeably stronger and better build for my type of riding - what I would call hard XC (maybe simply what others call AM). It is so fast! Seems all the pedal power goes right to the wheel and it climbs great. The Ario 2.2 might not be the most expense rear shock but it fits this bike well. I have it dialed in with nearly 100% travel and little to no pedal bob. I was used to Pro-pedal but haven't misted it at all with the Reveal. I haven't even locked it out once in the rear. It's great over the rocks and roots we have here in New England. It just eats up the bumps and medium drops I hit on the downhills.

Of course it's a bit heaver than my Element and much heavier the the hard tail I was riding in the interim but for what this bike can do, it's very light. Did I mention it was fast!

I have about 25 miles of hard riding on this frame so far and can say it's the best bike I've ever ridden. This new old-stock frame is definitely an amazing pickup and worth 3-4x what I paid for it.

Submitted by ftlaudfuji a Weekend Warrior from Florida

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2011

Strengths:    Great Components

Weaknesses:    None that I hae discovered yet

Bottom Line:
I picked up my new toy on ebay. Very happy with the price I payed considering new the bike sold for $3k. Checked every LBS and site online for a good deal. In the end I could not find a better bike and components for the money. Looked at a stumpjumper and almost pulled the trigger. I have taken the bike out every weekend and it just begs for more. Both shocks work perfect to the point you forget about them even working. I did rebuild the front shock since it was an 08 model and no idea when it was last serviced. I did all the normal maintenance and she rides perfect. I plan to always have this bike. If you can find a used one I would scoop it up. Check out the spec's and compare the components to any bike in the same range. The main thing is to have a solid bike and get out there and ride.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Stumpjumper

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by magnetic62nd a Racer from Cincinnati, OH, USA

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2010

Strengths:    Light Efficient Climber, Outstanding Parts Spec (Stock Tubeless and XT Drivetrain!). All Day Comfortable, Quick, Descends Well! Specialized FSR Suspension Design. Looks great!

Bottom Line:
Unless you are chasing big brand names, it would be ridiculous not to consider a Fuji Reveal 2.0 at this price point. You would be hard pressed to find a better build for this price. Plus, I love the look of the bike. The Reveal 2.0 has seen some phenomenal reviews, and I can certainly back them up. I have only owned hard-tails in the past and was a bit skeptical about going to full suspension, bit this is as fast on the uphills as it is on the downhills. I'll be racing it in the Mohican 100 this and can't wait!

Favorite Trail:   Any long bit of single track!

Purchased At:   Main Street Bikes, S

Similar Products Used:   Rocky Mounty, Jamis, Specialized.

Bike Setup:   Stock (FULL XT-Even down to the Wheelset and brakes), with a Thomson Elite Seatpost.

Submitted by freshtracks a Cross Country Rider from Montana

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    Full XT mechanicals, light weight, comfortable. I love the geometry. Steering like a surgical instrument.

Weaknesses:    I would sacrifice some weight for beefier wheels. Also, an adjustable travel fork and pro-pedal style rear shock would have been nice, especially on a bike that retails for 3500 beans.

Bottom Line:
A fantastic all-around ride. Climbs really well (despite no pro-pedal feature) and descends at speed with amazing precision. I wasn't sure about the Recon fork and Ario shock at first, but after hammering on them I can say they are every bit as plush as Fox stuff, and maybe more reliable. Fuji did the right thing by not skimping on the shifters, front der., etc. like most companies do now.The XT brakes are great.
The wheels get a so-so rating - it's nice to have the tubeless option, but 24 spokes is a bit skimpy for a 5" travel bike. I've had to do a little more truing than I'm used to, but they are light and stiff. The Nobby Nic tires are unbelievably grippy - my all time favorite tires now. TOo bad I can't afford to replace them with the same thing!

Geometry is more stretched out than most 'trail' (or whatever) bikes these days, which I like. I'm not a big fan of the short top tube craze.
Porsche-like handling, plenty of torsional stiffness. More of a X-C geometry but with extra cushioning and a nice wide riser bar up front. This bike hugs the trail, goes like hell, and doesn't miss on the turns. Very impressed.

Favorite Trail:   Not giving that up

Similar Products Used:   Rocky Slayer SXC, Kona Dawg, Santa Cruz Blur LT

Bike Setup:   Stock, but with cushy gel grips to ease my arthritic hands.

Submitted by Cracka a Weekend Warrior from Boise, ID, USA

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2009

Strengths:    Plenty of suspension travel, very tuneable, lockable. Lightweight. Rigid frame. Stiff wheels. All around solid bike.

Weaknesses:    I too have a minor squeak coming from one of rear suspension linkages. I'm sure i can find it and fix it once I get around too it. It does not affect performance so I'm going to give it a few more break in rides before I dig in.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is that I would never spend $3500 on a bike. $1700, YES. Especially the Reveal 2.0. To date, I've been out on a couple rides and the bike is awesome. The lockable suspension makes me feel like a goat when climbing. When time to descend, simply unlock with the flip of 2 switches and hang on. The suspension chews up all but the toughest terrain and the stiff frame and wheels make cornering very comfortable at high speeds.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Wouldn't have paid full msrp on it especially being produced outside the USA. Considering that I couldn't even get the components for a build this sweet for $1700, I think I did ok.

Keep your eye out for new, "last years" models and snag one up!

Favorite Trail:   Sidewinder, Fisher Creek, Loon Lake