Fuji Discovery 2 XC Full Suspension

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Bobby a Downhiller from Bishkek Kyrgyzstan

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2005

Strengths:    it is not havy, cheap, good for the mountains to go up.
good bike to start use fullsuspension bike, to understand what do you want from your bike.
i use it for downhill tournaments and it is still alive.

Weaknesses:
the components are bad

Bottom Line:
to weak for me i am 90 killograms and 190 cm high, and very agressive rider
the components are bad I change to Alivia after Acera get in a back weel and crashed,I change weels and back suspension.
I want to sell it and buy real on.

Favorite Trail:   riding

Purchased At:   kazahstan dealer

Similar Products Used:   first full suspension

Bike Setup:   what is it?

Submitted by Noel from Marion, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2004

Strengths:    The weight is the only strength. 32 lbs for $400 is not unreasonable.

Weaknesses:    How much room do I have to elaborate here?

Bottom Line:
For quite some time my friends have been telling me to invest in a "bike shop" bike and park my department store ride. They told me I would notice a world of difference in quality, comfort, reliability, etc. I finally broke down and purchased a bike store bike (Fuji Discovery 2) after almost a year of surfing the web to compare specs/price ratios. I settled on the Fuji (it fit my budget, Fuji has a good reputation, and the only dealer in my town is a Fuji dealer). I've ridden this bike for a total of 30 miles in two days. It has been very disappointing. The geometry of the bike is only comfortable when climbing. On flat ground there is no comfortable riding position. My clipless shoes rub the crank arms on every downstroke of the pedals. The rear shock is worthless. I'm 5'4", 160 lbs. and this is a 15" frame (which does fit my step-over), but the ride is uncomfortable with the seat at any elevation. The bike is also very NOISY. It rattles, clanks, clangs, and complains about every bump on the trail. I can't say I recommend this bike to any one. Quite frankly, I'm ashamed of myself for making the purchase. This bike will be returned, traded in, or sold. My friends were not kidding about noticing a big difference with a "bike shop" bike. I was hoping the difference would be positive.