Fuji Diamond Comp XC Full Suspension

Submitted by pat mause a Cross Country Rider from 2825 e pompeii cir, tucson, az, usa

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2006

Strengths:    Great bike for the price. strong frame, handles well.

Weaknesses:    components not the best, but for $600 you can get on the trail and upgrade as it suits you.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the price. If you're not sure whether you want to get into riding, I would recommend it. The frame handles well (and after replacing the not so good fork, much better) and is pretty tough. Now that I've begun to upgrade components (shifters, fork, rear derailleur) it's turning into a pretty sweet bike.

Purchased At:   performance

Bike Setup:   manitou minute 1 fork, shimano xt shifters and rear derailleur

Submitted by Grant from SanDiego region

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2006

Strengths:    Fairly light, Good value, good components, great build quality with high quality welds.

Weaknesses:    Limited use

Bottom Line:
This is the bike I am reviewing: http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=33

It works great as a XC bike, and is confortable on longer rides. I got it so I didn't have to borrow a bike whenever I rode. It was a great deal and a good price. Once I stared getting a little better i changed the suspension setting to 110mm (which requires a much higher rear shock pressure). This helped absorb the bumps some. Once I got better though, the bike couldn't keep up. I now regularly bottom out the suspension, and the suspension is set rock hard. After doing a little jump recently (2feet of air mabe) I taco'd My front wheel. A pin in my rear suspension is alsotweaked.

Over it is a good XC bike, but if you want to bomb downhills, or get a little air look at something more beefy.

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   Santa cruz superlight, LTS2

Bike Setup:   pretty much stok, except for platform pedals, and avid BB7's

Submitted by David a Weekend Warrior from Delton, Michigan

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2005

Strengths:    Here is a bike that can please anyone. It has a really good feel on the trails and everything seems to fit just right. The weight isn't bad at all @ 32lbs. Forks and the rear shock are good but not great. I think that this is a great bike for the money

Weaknesses:    None yet, but I might replace both the front forks and the rear shock soon, but not because I have to.

Bottom Line:
As I said before, you want a bike with great feel and comfort on the trails or whereever you ride. this bike has it for you. I know some of you might think because of the name Fuji that it is a cheap bike, but its not the case. The bike is very well made,the frame has nice angles and it rides like a dream.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Custer